shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you ever hidden a toy or book?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
This morning I hid my daughter''s Barney Nursery Rhyme book. I just couldn''t take it anymore. We''ve been reading it non-stop for over a year now. I''ve bought so many books but it always goes back to Barney.

Today I hid the book in the freezer. Now I feel bad. I just can''t read it again. I need a Barney break.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, many times (from my nieces and little brother when he was a tot). It's the same as taking the batteries out and saying a toy is "broken". Don't feel bad, your action prevented you from having a Barney meltdown and freaking out in front of the little one.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HAHAHAHHAHA. Yes, I''m guilty of doing this plenty of times. I remember my brother has those silly tamagochi toys (the ones you had to feed, make sure they did their homework, took a shower etc) when he was younger. He was SO obsessed with it and it bugged me silly. I hid it one day on top of my bookshelf. Poor guy was devastated. I forgot about it, and years later he found it and knew it was me that killed his toy. He has never let me live that one down.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Yes! I''ve even thrown things out during naptime, like those annoying toys from mcdonalds!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, but I am fully gearing up to be a Toy Slasher.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I remember hiding the Furbies from the kids, they drove me nuts!!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Multiple times a day at the moment, but it''s out of sight, out of mind at the moment.

I think sometimes a parent''s sanity is worth the guilt trip.

If they ask where it is, what will you say?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The only times I have hidden books have been when they're either going to be donated to a book drop (because the kids have outgrown them) or because the kids have outgrown the books and their sentimental and goes in their baby boxes.

Unfortunely, my kids are explorers and ALWAYS end up finding the hidden books and they'll end up with them back on their book cases.

Oh, and I have to hide my junk magazines from the boys. For example, I have a subscription to Allure and the kids LOVE to open it and scribble on all the faces of the women. They draw vampire fangs and all. They think it's hilarous, whereas, I don't want them seeing the bra ads and all that.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
My friend K said that when he was young, his aunt gave him a toy drum for Christmas. Imagine his poor mother''s sanity. So one day his mother poked her head into K''s bedroom, and said

"hmm, Can you tell me where the sound is coming from? How does the drum make that sound?"

The curious K and his brother immediately began exploring by tearing up the drum head and completely dismantled it.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2010 7:17:12 PM
Author: Pandora II
Multiple times a day at the moment, but it''s out of sight, out of mind at the moment.

I think sometimes a parent''s sanity is worth the guilt trip.

If they ask where it is, what will you say?

Well, she''s not quite 2 so thankfully she''s still at the age where if she can''t see it, it doesn''t exist. I figure I have about 2 more months before that mindset starts to fade.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I''ve thrown away countless pieces of art, but I''ve never hidden toys or books from JT.

When I was a kid, I hid my little sis''s blankie. I didn''t even tell my mom where it was. I thought she was too old to be carrying around that raggedy thing. I think she was 4-5 and I was 10ish. Hmmm.. the bridezilla thing is suddenly making sense....

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2010 1:44:52 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I remember hiding the Furbies from the kids, they drove me nuts!!

My neighbors'' kids hid *their own* Furbies under the couch because they were so annoying. Haha. I really wanted to play with one, but they told me no way were they waking them up.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I''m not a mom, but I sure did this occasionally while nannying ! :)

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2010 8:53:32 PM
Author: choro72
My friend K said that when he was young, his aunt gave him a toy drum for Christmas. Imagine his poor mother''s sanity. So one day his mother poked her head into K''s bedroom, and said

''hmm, Can you tell me where the sound is coming from? How does the drum make that sound?''

The curious K and his brother immediately began exploring by tearing up the drum head and completely dismantled it.
That is AWESOME! What a brilliant idea!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hid all of FI''s socks once when he didn''t get my subtle hints to skip the game with his buddies and stay home with me... he just said something about needing to do laundry soon and dug a pair out of his gym bag so I hid all his boxers when he jumped into the shower.

Does that count?

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2010 11:56:15 PM
Author: yssie
I hid all of FI''s socks once when he didn''t get my subtle hints to skip the game with his buddies and stay home with me... he just said something about needing to do laundry soon and dug a pair out of his gym bag so I hid all his boxers when he jumped into the shower.

Does that count?

Nope, just makes you a high maintenance fiance, let the boy go out!
2.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2010 2:05:29 AM
Author: honey22

Does that count?

2.gif
1.gif
oh, he went out, I wasn''t really trying to stop him.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2010 8:53:32 PM
Author: choro72

''hmm, Can you tell me where the sound is coming from? How does the drum make that sound?''

That''s great!

I don''t have kids but I often hide certain books from my first grade students. There are some books that are so popular (I don''t know why -- they''re not good) and the kids fight over them all the time. I took them and hid them away. The kids ask for them occasionally and I always just tell them that I have to look for them. I don''t.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also thought of something else. Silly bands! They''re little colorful rubber bands that are shaped like animals. They''re a huge hit with my kids. I find them all the time in the classroom, and it bugs me. I finally had to place a ban on them because I ended up with a collection of my own one day. If I see someone playing with them (or anything, really), I take them away and put them in my pocket. I forget about whatever''s in there and I''m always finding random toys, etc. at night when I put my clothes away.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2010 3:38:30 AM

Date: 3/20/2010 2:05:29 AM
Author: honey22

Does that count?

2.gif
1.gif
oh, he went out, I wasn''t really trying to stop him.
liar!
9.gif
Just kidding! I actually thought this was funny, and something I''ll be sure to do next time FI is going out without me (as a joke, of course!)

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I have a horribly dirty mind, because I immediately jumped to Romance novels and... um... personal toys when I saw the thread title.
emembarrassed.gif
Bad gecko!
3.gif

Seriously though... some of my nephews toys make me want to remove the batteries ASAP. Maybe this is why my sister is obsessed with low tech toys... blocks don''t beep...

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Never done this, but I imagine I might one day when I have kids.

When I was little my mom had trouble getting me to stop sucking on my pacifier. She wanted me to stop but I would throw a fit and cry hysterically when she took it away and told me I couldn''t have it. One day we moved to another house and she told me the pacifiers all got lost in the move and she didn''t know where to buy more. Somehow I thought this made sense, so I never asked for the pacifier again.

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
This is hilarious! I did a few books from DD. She would bring me the same ones every time! Now if she brings them I just make her "read" them to me.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results