shape
carat
color
clarity

Have YOU ever embarrassed your kids in public?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Inspired by the reversely named thread.....

I know there always comes a time when a child will be embarrassed by his/her parents, but, did you ever do it ON PURPOSE?!

My dad and I were walking through Walmart when I was probably 14. He starts "calling ducks" which means farting down multiple aisles and then running from them and yelling, "ducks, DUCKS!"

Another incident at Walmart involved a plunger and my dad''s bald head...at which point I declared loudly, "I won''t sign you out again if you keep this up, young man!"

He has also worn a cup on the outside of his pants in public.
32.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 6:38:47 PM
Author:somethingshiny
Inspired by the reversely named thread.....

I know there always comes a time when a child will be embarrassed by his/her parents, but, did you ever do it ON PURPOSE?!

My dad and I were walking through Walmart when I was probably 14. He starts ''calling ducks'' which means farting down multiple aisles and then running from them and yelling, ''ducks, DUCKS!''

Another incident at Walmart involved a plunger and my dad''s bald head...at which point I declared loudly, ''I won''t sign you out again if you keep this up, young man!''

He has also worn a cup on the outside of his pants in public.
32.gif
HAHA!!!! I have to ask...Why? Just to be funny? If so, that is hysterical! DS would DIE if DH did that!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
thats pretty funny. i would like to hear more stories.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s one: When DH and I were dating, the time finally came when I was ready to let him meet my Dad. (Only the serious ones get to meet Dad! LOL!) It was around Christmas time, so I decided to just bring DH with me to my Grandmother''s house for Christmas. Well, of course, I had filled Dad in ahead of time on a few details about DH, including the fact that he worked as a pool and hot tub technician. It was his job to go to customers'' houses and trouble-shoot their pools and hot tubs, and fix whatever was wrong with them. So, we get to my Grandmother''s place, and Dad and DH are talking and seem to be getting along pretty well. Then, Dad says to DH out of the clear blue sky, "So, are you planning on being a pool boy forever?" I think the word I''m looking for here is "mortified"!!!
32.gif

And here''s another one: My Mom, my Stepdad, DH and I all went to see the Lippizaner Stallions when they came to our area. At the door, there was a very nice female security guard who was checking everyone''s bags as we went in. Mom was right in front of me in the line, and she had just bought a new Dooney & Bourke bag and matching wallet, of which she was very proud. So, the security lady says to my Mom "Can I see your bag?" And Mom says, "Oh, sure! It''s a Dooney and look . . . I have the matching wallet!" It just totally did not register with her that the lady needed to see INSIDE the bag to make sure she didn''t have anything she shouldn''t! The security guard got a good chuckle, and I just stepped back and pretended not to know her! LOL!
9.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
My mom does not get embarrassed. She likes to have a lot of fun and has noooo shame. If we''re at a party or anywhere there is drinking involved, my friends usually think she is drunk... but nope, she''s just being herself! She is the one leading the Macarena, dancing in line at the movie theater, striking up conversations with anyone and everyone... the list goes on.

It''s not that she loves the attention, she just doesn''t care what anyone thinks of her and LOVES having a good time.

I remember in middle school dances wanting to DIE because she was the only chaperone dancing. Hahah I love the woman, and at this point I''ve come to terms with the fact that everyone has parents and at some point they embarrass all of us! I''m pretty sure one day when I have kids I''ll scarily like her.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Oupeargirl, Your Mom sounds just like me!!
35.gif
36.gif

I have embarassed my daughter a LOT!! But two times that I think I embarrassed her the most were.....

1. I used to drive her to school on my way to work, unless I got up early or was running late, then I would take her to school and return home to get ready for work. One such day, I was driving her to the back of the school where I could u-turn and we weren''t even close to the school when she says to me "You''re not going to get out of the car looking like that are you?" I was errrrrrrrrrrrr, hadn''t even thought about....until now.
38.gif
As I pulled the car over, I got out of the car and starting waving at all the kids and saying "Good morning everyone, I''m Chrystals'' Mom, Morning, Hi...have a great school day...I''m Chrystal''s Mom, Morning everyone!!" lolololol, she was mortified as she grabbed her books and shut her door and shuffled away from the car.
27.gif

2. She was about 13-14 or so and we went to buy her a bathing suit at Macys. We were in the dressing room which had a big three view mirror like on "What Not to Wear" and I was waiting for her to change and she says "I don''t want you to see me, can you turn around behind that mirror?" So I huffed and puffed and turned around so I wouldn''t see her change and I asked her what the big deal suddenly was and she said "It''s embarrassing" So, without thinking about how we weren''t the only people in the changing rooms, I say really loudly "Embarassing??? You think this is embarassing??? I''ll tell you what embarassing is....it''s laying naked with my legs in stirrups, grunting like a pig in front of total strangers in order to have you, that''s embarassing!!!" Then I hear a few snickers coming from other people in the dressing room and my daughter turned bright red.
31.gif
Oops.....

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Miracules... I think you and my mom would get along very well!!! You are too funny!!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i was home w/ a bunch of friends..and the guy i was seeing at the time when i was 15. my grandmother who lived with us said...look i brought home some blue balls!!! then she realized and tried to say what she meant, but all that kept coming out of her mouth was these blue balls were on sale---she was laughing wildly and so were the guys in my house...i almost died....she was showing us the blue bowls she had gotten on sale....ahhhh love my grams.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Yes, Miranda, a cup JUST TO BE FUNNY! And, I''ve only shared the more decent things that my dad has done to me. He actually got a fake "eh-hem" attached to a pair of ladies underwear and wore that another time!! He thinks he''s hilarious!

IG~ My mom would do the same thing with the bag!! That''s funny!

OUpeargirl~ Hmmm....my mom does those things too, but it IS because she''s drunk. I was humiliated when one night at a beer garden she ran into my DH''s uncle. She didn''t recognize him, but he sure recognized her! A few days later I get to hear from DH''s aunt all about some crazy woman who wouldn''t leave her husband alone!

miracles~ LOL! LOVE the getting out of the car at school!!!

NYC~ OMG HILARIOUS! Grandparents really deserve their own thread for their shenanigans!

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
When I was 13, which is the age when just having parents is embarrassing, my mom and dad decided that we were going to go camping over Thanksgiving break. My dad had a rotissery smoker type of thing that hooked up to a grill. My mom sent us to the store to get a turkey, however, rather than worry about the pounds the turkey weighed, the turkey could be no bigger than 13 inches across by 10 inches tall to fit in the grill. Here''s my dad and I at meat counter, and my dad proceeds to pull out a tape measure and starts measuring all of the turkeys. When we couldn''t find one that was the right size, my dad rings the bell and asks the butcher for a turkey that was 13 by 10 inches. Of course the butcher was confused, but he gladly took the tape measure from my dad and went in the back until he found one the right size. I was mortified.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results