shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you ever change your mind about....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
the dress and then go out and try/buy another? Please share! Thanks!!!
35.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
uh oh... are you rethinking your dress?

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I am.
7.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
No, I didn't.

Stop looking at other dresses!

Surprisingly, pretty much the only girls that have this problem are the ones that keep looking in the bridal magazines. Can you afford another dress? What don't you like about the one you have now? Have you tried your dress on recently?

joelly

Ideal_Rock
7.gif
Well...I kind of showing a picture of my dress to my FI (but I didn''t tell him that that is my dress) and his reaction was "that is too simple and its strapless too". Since then I rethinking of my dress and wonder.
7.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
A dress in a magazine is NOTHING like what it will look like on you! You love it, and when he sees you in it, he will as well. Trust me.

If I had shown a picture to my DH before the wedding, he would have thought it was a joke. It had a huge skirt and was photographed so odd. After the wedding, he said he couldn't have imagined me in anything else.

You bought it for a reason. You know what looks good on you, and you wouldn't have bought anything that didn't. It will look great!

ETA: A simple strapless dress opens up your jewelry options to a WORLD of possibilities! I LOVE simple dresses with ornate jewelry. It really adds something.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Thats what I thought when I was trying it on. It is a simple strapless dress with crystal beads on the bust area. With such dress, I was imagining myself wearing a tiara with my hair down plus a veil that starts at the crown of my head and falls on my shoulder and continuing to my waist area. I want to accomplish an innocent yet glamour look but not too glamour, if that make sense. Granted the dress has not photographed very well. Besides it presents an opportunity for me to wear pearls.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
But then when he saw it, he made a comment that bursts my bubble.
39.gif
I felt like crying so hard.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Does your FI help you shop at the mall and pick out your clothing? or does he pretty much agree that whatever you decide to buy looks great?

joelly

Ideal_Rock
He usually pretty much agrees that what I buy look great. No, he didn''t used to shop with me, except shop for groceries.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Then why would this be any different? You know what looks great on you and he agrees when he sees it on. He will love the dress on you.

Please don''t be upset. He has no idea that that was a picture your dress and was was just making a snap judgement.

Can you post a picture of the dress so that we can see?

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
did he see a picture of you in the dress? or just a pic of the dress?

how do YOU feel about the dress?

fwiw, i think meresal is right. once he sees you in the dress on your wedding day, that will be THE dress he envisioned you in. if you feel beautiful & confident & happy that is going to shine right through!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Here is the dress. It is now still in alterations. I will get it back on Dec 4.

joelly1505.jpg

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Lulu: No, he didn''t see me in the dress. The dress pic appeared in an old brochure and I just point it out like "look, its nice huh? its discontinued though" to which he replied "yeah, its too simple plus its strapless" My heart suddenly just sank deeper than titanic I think. I feel ill afterwards.

Granted, I didn''t spend a fortune on that dress, its a total bargain, $240, but still...., when I tried it on I love it right away. Other customers pay their compliment too. Plus: after I put on the tiara and the veil, it feels so right. I feel like how I should look on my wedding day. I like how the veil cover my shoulder a bit from above. Feels so serene at the time.

All that fantasy crashed after he gave me his comment.

I guess he realized the change in my face and he asked me, "Baby, whats wrong?". So, I swallow real hard and fake a smile and I said "Nothing, I''m just tired, its been a long day." He said, "Ok, go to sleep then, we''ll talk tomorrow".

39.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I really like the dress. If it feels right then it should be the "one". I agree that your FI hasn''t seen you in the dress so disregard his comments. I''m sure you''ll look beautiful and your FI will agree.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
It''s just a dress, and if it makes you feel beautiful, that''s what''s important! I think it''s very classic, and you''ll enjoy it in your photographs for years to come! Do you really think he''s going to complain about the dress you''re wearing on your wedding day? Do you think he''ll even recognize it from the 1 photograph you briefly showed him?

So maybe simple and strapless isn''t really his style, but he''s not the one wearing it. Besides, I''m sure it will be beautiful to him if you tell him how much you DIDN''T spend.
1.gif

I wouldn''t sweat it. Take that $1000+ you saved and buy something nice for the 2 of you that you''ll both love!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for your support. I will take a picture once I get it back from the seamstress. It''s good to hear something good about my choice. At times doubt just creeps in, you know.

Hopefully the alteration goes well. I hate waiting. It makes me nervous.

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
I can''t wait to see you post the picture.

I still looked after I bought my dress, but nothing compared. Your FI will love whatever you choose for yourself, it doesn''t matter what he thinks it looks like on the model, because it isn''t his future wife that is wearing it. When he see''s you he won''t even know its the same dress. Plus if he thinks its too simple, just dress it up with dazzling jewelry and a gorgeous veil.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 5:12:52 PM
Author: joelly
Lulu: No, he didn''t see me in the dress. The dress pic appeared in an old brochure and I just point it out like ''look, its nice huh? its discontinued though'' to which he replied ''yeah, its too simple plus its strapless'' My heart suddenly just sank deeper than titanic I think. I feel ill afterwards.

Granted, I didn''t spend a fortune on that dress, its a total bargain, $240, but still...., when I tried it on I love it right away. Other customers pay their compliment too. Plus: after I put on the tiara and the veil, it feels so right. I feel like how I should look on my wedding day. I like how the veil cover my shoulder a bit from above. Feels so serene at the time.

All that fantasy crashed after he gave me his comment.

I guess he realized the change in my face and he asked me, ''Baby, whats wrong?''. So, I swallow real hard and fake a smile and I said ''Nothing, I''m just tired, its been a long day.'' He said, ''Ok, go to sleep then, we''ll talk tomorrow''.

39.gif

FIRST, that dress is gorgeous. so elegant and classic!

second, i think you unintentionally set your FI up. by showing it to him but stating that it''s discontinued, he wouldn''t want to get your hopes up about a dress that isn''t availabe (or at least this is totally something my FI would do). stick with your intial instinct. you loved the dress; other people (strangers) loved the dress; you felt how you want to feel on your wedding day.

just to commiserate with you i showed my FI a bunch of pics of me in dresses i tried on. when he saw the pic of the dress i''m leaning towards he said, "it kind of looks like a fairy dress."
33.gif
33.gif
the dress looks nothing like a fairy; idk
20.gif
men are weird sometimes.

bottom line: the dress is gorgeous, you feel great in it, and you got a great deal on it!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I never second guessed my dress however my DH did say things that me second guess what he would say when he saw it. A week before the wedding he told me he hated ruffles. My entire dress was ruffles!!! It didn''t matter on the day of.

The one thing I do regret is how much money I spent on it. I''m not a person that normally dwells on financial regrets but I really can''t believe I spent that much on something I wore for such a little amount of time. I really should have thought about that more. I opted for a simple wedding band to save some money and now when I think about it my dress was 20x more expensive than my wedding band. That just kills me.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Meresal all the way. Don''t doubt your decision now. If you have decided on your own that you didn''t like your dress anymore, I would have encouraged you to try others, but considering the situation, I would go with your guy instict and wear that dress. It''s classic and beautiful, you are going to look amazing!!!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
No. I didn''t know what I wanted. But as soon as i put on "THE DRESS", i knew it was the one. And I''m not really interested in looking other dresses anymore.

Anyway, your FI saw the dress on someone else. It probably looks so much better on you!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
dreaming of the day: Once I got that dress and it went into alterations, I am so relieve, finally one thing is done. I got good deal on a dress that I think looks great on me, others think so too. Then he should make that comment and now I''m like
32.gif
. About the jewelry and the veil, thats what I thought too. I think it will be easier for me to dress up a simple dress. Cross my finger that the alterations go well.

lulu, hmmm I never thought of that until you point it out. Maybe I did unintentionally do that and he shoots it down so I won''t get disappointed if I don''t get the dress. Thats interesting. I agree with you, men are weird sometimes. My FI think the dress with cascading skirt looks like an upside down wedding cake.

emeraldlover1, its the one important day and women love to splurge even if it just for one day. I know I''m guilty of this a lot. I love ruffles. Ruffles are fun. You got me curious now. Let me find your dress pics. Did you post it here?

honey22, I love that dress as soon as I put it on. Everytime I am in doubt, I wear it again and the feeling came back. Weird huh? But now the dress is in alterations until Dec 4. The waiting is killing me.
39.gif

cindygenit, thats also how I felt when I put it on.

I just hope the alterations go well and that I manage to lose weight between now and then. Ladies, what would I do without you? Thank you so much for your kindness and encouragement. I really really need it. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results