shape
carat
color
clarity

Have metal prices ever gone down!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Since metal prices have been raising pretty much continuously for the past few months, I was wondering... have metal prices ever gone down after a price hike like this one!?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know that there ever has been a price hike like this one...

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
the dollar is worth less so it takes more dollars to buy. doesn''t mean the metal has gone up in price, just that you get less for your $.

movie zombie

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
The precious metals market is always in flux.It goes up and down every day...on the hour...I remember the first time gold hit 850.00 plus and silver hit 50.00...january 1980.Gold went down into the 300 plus range for a very long time and then went to 500.00 for awhile before climbing up to it current price over the last few years.

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Precious metals are in a bubble. You think they''ve gone up a lot - check out the price of wheat or corn.

Yes, they will come back down. There is an awful lot of pure speculation in these markets driving price as well. I think it''s looking possible for a dollar rally to stary soon, in that case, commodity prices should correct.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results