shape
carat
color
clarity

have jeweler or tacori set diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
I''m getting ready to order a Tacori setting from a local Jared for a princess stone I purchased from superbcert. I was told that Tacori wont need my stone to make the setting, so I have the options of shipping my diamond to Tacori to have them set it or have the stone set by Jareds jewelers when the setting comes in.

I''m not all that confident in the ability of the jewelers at Jared (from experience unfortunately), but unlike Tacori they will take responsibility if anything were to happen to the stone during setting (as well as if anything were to happen to it during shipping). I spoke to the manager about my concerns of finding a comparable cut stone in the event something happened and he told me they were supposed to start getting access to AGS 0 princess stones before Christmas, so I would have that option for replacement. Other than the Bailey Banks and Biddle in the mall they are they only store in the area that carries Tacori, and I dont want to have to deal with shipping my stone to one of the PS vendors who carries Tacori so I''m rather stuck.

So my two options:
1) Take the risk in shipping and waive any liability of damage to have Tacori set my diamond (I''ve read on here that Tacori seems to do an amazing job setting stones) or
2) Let Jared set it and hope they dont dent, scratch or return a setting with stones loose as they have done previously for me.

I would appreciate anyones advice or comments

Thanks!

Ali

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i would go with jared since they are willing to take full responsibility. the risk is higher with princess cuts and if something happened at tacori, you would be out of luck.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I would let Jared''s do it also

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
hmmm. when i was looking at tacoris, i was told that you always had to send the diamond to them for setting, b/c they made each setting custom to your diamond??

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do not believe Tacori ever sets the stone (I could be VERY wrong). The reason you need you diamond BEFORE they make your setting (this is all according to my jeweler) is so they can make the head fit perfectly. The jeweler only sends them the dimesions not the stone. My jeweler then set the stone when the setting came in (we didn''t even buy the stone from them.)

Good luck on your new beautiful Tacori.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori set my stone. I dont know who took responsibility for it though... Bailey, Banks & Biddle (where it was purchased) or Tacori. On my last inspection, the jewler commented that the setter did a wonderful job.

I would go with the others and let Jared set the diamond since they will take responsibilty for it.

ETA: Which setting are you getting if you dont mind sharing... I know Tacori E-ring would love to know too!
30.gif

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
The ring I''m getting is in the parasol collection (2207), the one on the left in the picture but with the split prongs from the ring on the right, which is 2209 from the shamrock collection.

I''m getting ridiculously excited now that it''s getting down to the wire. I bought the temp setting my stone is in from Jared and when they set the center stone they knocked 2 of the stones in the band loose and when I brought it in to tighten them they mauled the head of the ring so badly it practically needed to be replaced. So I''m a bit afraid of them right now.

They told me that because the setting is a basket that the GIA and sarin report info would be sufficient to make the setting, they dont need to stone. And I am loathe to ship it unneccessarily. So I guess I''ll hope theres a good jeweler on hand when my ring comes in.

Thanks for your input everyone!

alistacoricollage.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/3/2005 3:38:31 PM
Author: lovelylulu
hmmm. when i was looking at tacoris, i was told that you always had to send the diamond to them for setting, b/c they made each setting custom to your diamond??

Most of their settings do not need that - I doubt they are being fit to the stone regardless when it is so much more convenient not to go that length
20.gif

What they actually do, no idea. This is what the looks of the settings makes me think.

Does this choice affect any warranty Tacori may offer for the setting?

njc

Brilliant_Rock
OH WOW!!!
30.gif
Lovely pick Rhapsody!!! The split prongs will look great!

Are you getting the matching wedding band? Personally i cant say that i am a fan of it... the matching band to my e-ring was like that, and i found something i like a whole lot better and can actually wear it by itself.

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
Thank you njc, I love your ring as well. It''s one of my absolute favorite solitare styles. My boyfriend still isn''t sold on the split prongs. He prefered the chevrons, but I''m afraid it would look too bulky from the side. And theres just something about the dainty double prongs....
18.gif

I dont really like the matching band either. I plan to get a ~2mm band with pave/beadset diamonds with a low profile (like the ritani band below) so it wont interfere or block the pretty pattern on the gallery of the setting. But I''m thinking thats probably a year and a half off anyhow
19.gif
We''re trying to save money to buy a house which trumps a wedding.

I''m excited to get my ring ordered but I hate to part with the diamond I''ve been wearing since May. I think I just need a 2nd diamond instead
11.gif

ritaniinspirwedband.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, i agree, you should get a second diamond!
12.gif

Love the band choice, i think its easier to pick one out when you have the real ering anyways. I just dont understand why they make those bands that HAVE to sit next to the rings all the time... i guess someone somewhere likes them!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
njc- it is like you read my mind. I keep hoping to see the setting!

Rhapsody- I didn''t realize Jared carried Tacoris. I love the split prongs. They have so many beautiful styles it is hard to pick just one. I saw the new wedding band they came out with. 3 sided pave VERY thin it was beautiful. But I am personally not going to get a Tacori band. I figure why spend the money when they don''t look that much different than any other company. Plus I am not scared of pave. Not worth the stress in my situation. Every Tacori is custom made so if you decide not to do the split prongs, or want to make any other changes, they are pretty good about that. I am not certain what kind of warranty Tacori offers. My jeweler said they will cover replacing and setting a lost melee so I am not sure if I would even need one. Good luck with your purchase and make sure you post lots of hand pics in the "Show me your Tacori" thread.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori set my diamond three out of the four times they remade my rings (LOL). The first set, my jeweler''s benchman set the stone and when Tacori did it it was MUCH better. The prongs were much more even and sharp, thats the best I can describe it. I didnt know that Tacori did not accept responsibility for damage to the stones. eeek. well everything turned out ok (finally). i didnt realize Jared had tacori either!!! At least in my area, they dont.

Congrats on joining the sisterhood of the tacori ring! be sure to post pics, you chose a lovely set!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results