shape
carat
color
clarity

Have a pretty large budget for a sapphire e-ring, can''t decide whether to buy already made or custo

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
rebecca, i''d love to see a picture of the smaller stone richard steered you towards!

mz

ps my comment re recut of stones has more to do with what i see happening here at pricescope and that i was assuming [my bad] that with that kind of budget you can look at something something that is already cut just what you want. with a recut there are no guarantees that it will still please you afterwards.

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
Ma Re- Thanks so much for those gems of information :)

Chrono-I agree with what you are saying about re-cutting being difficult for the size of stone I am looking for, as I would have to purchase an even larger stone.

Tourmaline_Lover- Thank you for that. I checked out their site and I now know what to look and ask for both from an "in person" vendor as well as online.

Movie Zombie- Here''s the 3.31 carat sapphire Richard pointed me to. Again, I do not know the price yet as he hasn''t gotten back to me regarding that question.

rebrichsapphire.jpg

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll use any excuse to post my Jeff White!

myjwglamourshot918a.jpeg

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
I can see why stepcut girl! :)

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Have you seen this ring? They''re in the LA jewelry district. I''m still high from my recent trip there. Also 23rd street is in SoCal and has so many fabulous sapphire rings on their site. 23rd

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would personally advise against getting an already made sapphire ring since set stones cannot be sent to a lab.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2010 1:37:06 AM
Author: RebeccaMUA

Lost Sapphire- Is ''The Blueberry'' your sapphires name? :) It''s a perfect one if it is!
I cant'' recall if it was a nickname I came up with, or someone on PS. But it''s generally known as the BLUEBERRY due to it''s shape and colour...

LS

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
call or e-mail richard again. its possible he sent it and you didn''t receive it.....or he''s just busy and/or out of town. trust me: he won''t mind you''re nudging him.

mz

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
Movie Zombie- i will email Richard again. If you don''t think he will feel that I am bugging him, then I trust you :)

Here are my replies thus far:

Jeff White contacted me and currently has a stone that is similar to the color stone that he cut for a PS''er that was set by Leon (a lovely PS''er found a picture of her beautiful ring for me), but is best in a round or short oval why must I love cushion cut''s so much??) and also offered to source an appropriate stone to cut into a cushion if my heart was set on it.

Richard Homer also replied and said he is at a gem show but will be back in his shop later in the week and he does have sapphires in my area of inquiry. He will get back to me with quotes and such later this week.

Barry doesn''t have any stones that fit my needs currently and can''t get the rough either.

That''s about it! I''ll give you updates as I trudge along :D

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
Wow, sorry for the errors in the previous post. I think I accidentally dragged the parenthesis and cut some stuff out with my hand seeing I was replying from my iPad. What I meant to say was:

Movie Zombie- I will email Richard again. If you don''t think he will feel that I am bugging him, then I trust you :)

Here are my replies thus far:

Jeff White contacted me and currently has a stone that is similar to the color stone that he cut for a PS''er that was set by Leon...DianaBanana I think? (a lovely PS''er found a picture of her beautiful ring for me), but he thinks it would be best cut in a round or short oval (why must I love cushion cut''s so much?? So many cutters have told me this same thing). Jeff also offered to source an appropriate stone to cut into a cushion if my heart was set on it being that shape.

Richard Homer also replied and said he is at a gem show but will be back in his shop later in the week and he does have sapphires in my area of inquiry. He will get back to me with quotes and such later this week.

Barry doesn''t have any stones that fit my needs currently and can''t get the rough either.

That''s about it! I''ll give you updates as I trudge along :D

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With Richard Homer, you are paying a significant amount for his cutting I have found. While Jeff White also charges a premium for his cutting, I feel the price points are even more significant for Richard Homer''s. You really need to figure out how much of your budget you want to put in color vs cutting. Richard Wise has some precision cut and some native cut stones, and I think he tries to pick out native cuts that are pleasing to the eye.

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
Hi Tourmaline_Lover, thanks so much for the information. I have found a few of RH stones online sold by other companies and you are right on about the pricing.

Speaking of RW, did you get to see the sapphire at the top of the page that I posted for Movie Zombie to see? As far as color goes, is that a bit deep? I tried to compare it with DianaBanana''s stone but it''s so hard to compare when her''s is an outside pic. A trained eye might help in this case :)

JW was able to give me a price point on both untreated and treated sapphires in the color range I am looking for and they were definitely do-able, It was nice to actually get a "price range" instead of guessing what one might have to pay.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results