shape
carat
color
clarity

Hasta Luego, Or: F*#$ the Job Market

babycush

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Ladies, I feel that the time has come to say goodbye. And no, not engaged yet.

As some of you may know from my previous posts, my ring has been sitting in our apartment since December. My SO has been ''in the process'' of getting promoted since January. He was waiting to propose until he got this promotion. Well, he had his last of five interviews today and he didn''t get it. They want him to transfer to a different, busier store for 1-2 months, then they will re-evaluate after that. He really doesn''t like that plan, since he''s been in limbo for 6 months now, and is starting to look for new jobs. I am so mad at his company for dangling this in front of him for so long. His superiors told him it was definitely happening. They even had him train his replacement. All the other employees in his store treat him like he''s in charge.

I also feel horribly guilty because he moved 700 miles away from home last year to be with me. He knew nobody here but me, he had no connections, no friends or family to help him out. Now he has to start paying his college loans back and had been counting on the promotion, so he has to start all over with a new job search because as it is we basically live hand to mouth.

And so, my dear LIWs, I have decided to remove myself from "The List". We haven''t specifically talked about it yet, but I feel very strongly that we are not going to get engaged for the time being. It''s impossible for me to visit this site without starting a fantasy spiral of sparkliness and all things wedding, and that''s not fair to either of us. DUST to all of you and I hope to be back in the not-too-distant future.
13.gif

slg47

Ideal_Rock
well I hope it goes well for your BF! and we hope to see you back soon

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Oh No! I''m so sorry to hear about your SO''s job troubles. I hope he finds a job quickly and you guys can get back on track with your engagement and future. Maybe his current job just wasn''t meant to be and there is something better out there for him. I hope to see ya back soon!

****DUST**** for you and your SO

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Babycush, please don''t leave. My engagement is still quite awhile away, the ring hasn''t even been chosen, let alone bought. I understand your frustration entirely, and it must be even more frustrating because he''s already got the ring! If it doesn''t drive you too crazy, please stick around!

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
who knows, maybe he will surprise you when u least expect it!! keep your head up and dont be sad
7.gif
were all here to support each other and talk about engagements, and what not. I picked my ring out, he put the down payment on it already, we dont have it and he hasnt asked yet... Patience.. Some things usually happen when we least expect it or are not obsessing over it... Dont leave ! I just got here! :)

nikki
26.gif

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Babycrush, I just want to say that I share a lot of your frustration. My SO and I just graduated from grad school this month and are on the job market. It is terrible right now. My degree is in a field where I should be able to get a job somewhere, but his is more specified. And he may not get a job in his field for another year. Since your ring is already purchased (which is the big expense that has caused us to postpone engagement until after our graduation) is there any way he can go ahead and propose? I have no idea how you feel about longer engagements, but at least you would be engaged and could take a while to plan the wedding you want if it''s not financially feasible right now.

Either way, I wish you luck. I hope the job market improves soon. I know it will take a great deal of strain from a lot of us!

jenmarie

Shiny_Rock
So sorry to hear this. It really sucks when you think something is a sure thing and it''s just taken away with no explanation. His company really dropped the ball, and I definitely don''t blame him for wanting to sever ties with them after this. Here''s hoping that he finds something soon. I know how frustrating it is when your engagement/life!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Oh Babycush! I'm sorry about your BF's non-promotion. That must be so dissapointing right now
39.gif
(Earlier this year I had a dream-job dangled in front of me for 3 months before they finally said no).

I think PS breaks are healthy - do what you gotta do!

It's probably best to focus on your life away from PS, and supporting your partner.
False hopes and daydreams often do more harm than good
7.gif

Come back later when your ducks are all in a row and you feel better about your situation, we'll still be here for you.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
I wish you and your BF lots of luck in the job market. I know how frustrating it can be! I hope to see you back here soon!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry to hear this is happening.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Don''t take yourself off the list. All you have to do is pop in once every three months and post somewhere on any board to stay on the list. You can check out Hangout, etc. that are non jewelry/wedding related. There are several ladies who have been on the list (including myself) for well over a year, I''m #9 atm btw and have been on the list since October 08 and from the sounds of it, you''re STILL probably closer to engagement than I am. Hang in there, we''re here if you need us. I''m so sorry to hear that you''re having to go through this, but we''re good listeners, stick around
21.gif

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear your SO didn't get the promotion. That's very frustrating, especially since they lead him to believe that he would. Things are tough right now, but they'll get better.

Since he already incurred the expense of the ring, perhaps he can propose anyway and you can just have an longer engagement than you otherwise would have. You can start planning after he gets a new job. However, I understand that lots of guys don't want to propose until they get where they want to be in their profession.

Regardless, keep your chin up and stay positive for your guy to help him get through the job hunting stage.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Hope you see this before it all disappears! I''m sorry the whole situation is awful ughhh being an adult and dealing with a job is just absolutely horrible sometimes!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
O NO...i am so sorry Hon. I know how life gets in the way sometime. Hold on strong, one day will be your day

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results