shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone seen this Maggie gown in person?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Summer Royale

If so, how''d it look? Were the flowers cheap looking or did they suit the gown? How was the fabric?

I''ve been cheating on my gown (a little) and I like this one a lot. A bridal shop in town will be getting it in next week. I know I shouldn''t cheat, but it''s really difficult not to with all of these pretty dresses!
31.gif

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
noo....but it''s really gorgeous! what does your dress look like again? i can imagine this dress replicated by a really incredible wedding cake too....with waves and a few random flowers placed.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Coco,

Here is my gown on the model. La Sposa Fano.

Here it is on me. Please don''t mind my hair. I put it up really quick to try out this veil. The stressed look on my face is due to the fact that my dress came in messed up and is currently being remade. That is actually part of the reason I''m cheating. I feel a bit afraid that there will be issues again with my dress. Another dress would be sort of an insurance policy against having to wear a funky gown.

donotlook7657.jpg

charbie

Ideal_Rock
both of those dresses are gorgeous- i''ve never seen the maggie in person but her dresses are always so elegant but glam. i''m sure it would be quality.

what''s wrong with your gown? it looks amazing on you!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
cat, that dress looks AMAZING!! I love it! Don''t cheat it''s sooooo pretty!!!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/22/2009 7:00:24 PM
Author: charbie
both of those dresses are gorgeous- i''ve never seen the maggie in person but her dresses are always so elegant but glam. i''m sure it would be quality.

what''s wrong with your gown? it looks amazing on you!
Thanks very much Charbie.
1.gif

You can''t see it very well in the photo, but the hem started at one length and then right in the middle it dipped down about an inch and a half and continued on at that length for the other half of the hem. It couldn''t be fixed by a seamstress because of the symmetrical embroidery on the bottom of the gown. I''m just so happy that I ordered my gown so early. My wedding isn''t until April, so I have plenty of time to wait for the gown to be remade. But, this leads to lots and lots of gown infidelity, I guess.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 7:19:26 PM
Author: lliang_chi

i agree!!!!!! it looks perfect on you.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
We have this dress in the store where I work. It also comes with flowers for one shoulder. Some girls love the flowers, others do not. They are also removable, if you just like the fit of the dress.

If it''s just "Summer" then it will be in taffeta. Maggie''s taffeta is really nice and not cheap looking. If it is "Summer Royale" it will be in duponi silk.

Fiorella is essentially the same fit, but it''s in satin. Instead of flowers it has beading, and an optional beaded strap. You have to order the dress with or without the strap, but with Summer/Summer Royale, it''s removable.

Sorry if that was too much info..

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 11:21:22 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
We have this dress in the store where I work. It also comes with flowers for one shoulder. Some girls love the flowers, others do not. They are also removable, if you just like the fit of the dress.

If it''s just ''Summer'' then it will be in taffeta. Maggie''s taffeta is really nice and not cheap looking. If it is ''Summer Royale'' it will be in duponi silk.

Fiorella is essentially the same fit, but it''s in satin. Instead of flowers it has beading, and an optional beaded strap. You have to order the dress with or without the strap, but with Summer/Summer Royale, it''s removable.

GAAAAAAAAH! you all have to stop posting pictures of gowns. i''m about to cheat on my own dress, and my wedding is 10 days away!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

If it''s just ''Summer'' then it will be in taffeta. Maggie''s taffeta is really nice and not cheap looking. If it is ''Summer Royale'' it will be in duponi silk.

This is great info! Thank you so much! I have been looking at the Fiorella too.

Do you have the Fiorella in your shop? If so, which gown do you prefer, the Summer or the Fiorella? I like the Fiorella because it''s satin, but I love the flowers on the Summer.

Is there much of a difference between the silk and the taffeta as far as how they look and feel? When I called around, everyone said there was definitely a price difference (about $800.) The local shop will be getting the Summer, so I won''t be able to see the silk.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/22/2009 11:27:40 PM
Author: charbie

GAAAAAAAAH! you all have to stop posting pictures of gowns. i''m about to cheat on my own dress, and my wedding is 10 days away!
Charbie, your dress is gorgeous AND you are so beautiful in it. Besides...I think it''s pretty much impossible to cheat on your gown with only 10 days to go!
2.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 12:35:20 AM
Author: House Cat

This is great info! Thank you so much! I have been looking at the Fiorella too.

Do you have the Fiorella in your shop? If so, which gown do you prefer, the Summer or the Fiorella? I like the Fiorella because it''s satin, but I love the flowers on the Summer.

Is there much of a difference between the silk and the taffeta as far as how they look and feel? When I called around, everyone said there was definitely a price difference (about $800.) The local shop will be getting the Summer, so I won''t be able to see the silk.
Yes, we do have the Fiorella... I think I prefer it to the Summer. Summer''s flowers are not my favorite. I don''t always love satin gowns, but the Fiorella is just gorgeous and so elegant.

The difference in fabric is very big to me. Some people LOVE the feeling of silk. Have you ever felt what duponi or raw silk feels like? It''s ALMOST like a really soft paper. It has little flaws in it that I find beautiful. Taffeta is a little rougher and a bit shinier. Both of them do have a gorgeous sheen. Even if you can''t see Summer in the silk, just ask to see what a silk dress looks and feels like.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I tried on Summer and from far away I thought the flowers looked awesome... but when you look close I think they are sort of cheap and plastic. the material of the dress was WAY better quality than the plastic flowers. They are removable with pins... but i just couldn''t have plastic flowers on a silk dress. my store recommended ordering extra silk and have seamstress make flowers and sew on dress instead.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 7:19:26 PM
Author: lliang_chi
I agree!!! Don''t cheat on your dress. It''s like going out for a hamburger when you have prime steak at home. Cheaters usually regret their actions and your dress is gorgeous
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results