shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone see this stone on goodoldgold?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never seen an O in person either, but I can definitely see the yellow-ish tone in the picture of the diamond.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did you find THAT!!! I couldn''t looking around the site. My guess is it would face up a champagne white if that makes sense, especially in a larger stone, but I would snap that one up in a heartbeat if I could! Are you interested in it?????? I love warmer colours
3.gif

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/28/2006 3:03:00 AM
Author: Lorelei
How did you find THAT!!! I couldn''t looking around the site. My guess is it would face up a champagne white if that makes sense, especially in a larger stone, but I would snap that one up in a heartbeat if I could! Are you interested in it?????? I love warmer colours
3.gif
I''m not currently shopping for a stone but I happened to come across this stone while surfing. An O-IF H&A must be rare!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow...maybe for an antique setting. I bet the stone sparkles like crazy!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh, it looks kind of creamy. It''s bound to be a real sparkler. I''d love to see it in person.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wonder if Rhino would be willing to take a pic of it next to another diamond for us to see the color difference. We''re all very curious!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have PM''d him so lets see if he is able to or has time - great idea CB!
36.gif
36.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Interesting. I have never seen an O colored stone either. I did see a GIA certified N once. Not my cup of tea -- definitely not white but not yellow either.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Think... lemon zest. The look nice in closed yellow gold settings - IMO, because the color blends in with the metal. E.G - white metal ring with low-set yellow gold prongs or yellow gold bezel. Or some fancy (even more) nontraditional design.

Funny how the white-light picture on the site shows no color to speak of, while the IdealScope picture reveals the tint (the leakage points are quite yellow). The color of diamonds is not often captured in pictures.
7.gif

My 2c

About 'rare': well, how many O-P diamonds even come with a lab report? This doesn't mean there are no such stones. If anyone would want them H&A cut, it there is no stopping them. Probably demand is rare. However, there are a few more M and N H&A with high clarity grades listed here (see the Picture Gallery) by Wink Jones.
10.gif

O/IF H&A sounds unusual to me too. I wonder if this stone may have been recut H&A on order. Always wondered what would happen with a borderline light colored 'fancy light yellow' recut to a non-color friendly cut like this. For once, the color would no longer be graded face up as it is for the stones labeled 'fancy' and what a waste!
40.gif
The color gap is quite large between O and light yellow... - perhaps one Y-Z H&A may come with such a story though.
11.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Wow ... the picture of the diamond looks pretty!
9.gif

I have never seen an O before ... I was think''in the exact same thing as valeria ... "the zest of a lemon!"

I don''t know what the actual color would be, but take a look at the bscope ... I bet it sparkles, twinkles and glistens like crazy!!

If I had the $$$$ I definately would have it sent to a local appraiser so I could take a look at it. Man ... if the color was ok with you ... that would be an excellent rock in any kind of antique / repro setting!!!
30.gif
18.gif
30.gif

Thanks for sharing this with us Carebear!
36.gif

35.gif

GOG O Hand A 1.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
That would definitely be awesome in an antique or vintage setting!!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for the pm Lorelei. Here are a couple of shots I took of it next to a D. The first 2 are against a flat white background under GIA daylight fluorescent lighting (for color grading purposes) and the last shot is against a neautral gray in the face up position.

Kind regards,

DandO.jpg

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lemon zest ... I like that. :) You''re hired Val.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results