shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone received two doses of the vaccine and caught Covid? Please share your experiences!!!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Folks

As you know Australia was pretty much zero Covid for most of 2020. We had cases but no one you knew generally caught Covid.

Anyways all that has changed because of Delta and now we are emerging out of lockdown this Monday. I still don't know anyone with Covid but I'm imagining that it's going to get a little wild as our days of zero cases are over.

In lieu of that I'm hoping to hear stories from vaccinated people who have caught Covid to mentally prepare myself as I'm pretty sure we'll probably catch it at some point!

Did you feel awful? How many days were you down for? Did you need to go to hospital? How bad was it compared to the flu?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh @mellowyellowgirl i hope you dont catch it
i just finally got my 2nd shot today - a week early but 'she in charge' told us to go get the 2nd shot asap - dont wait the 6 weeks they told us to wait about 6 weeks ago
im not enjoying this strange new world one little bit

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i just finally got my 2nd shot today - a week early but 'she in charge' told us to go get the 2nd shot asap - dont wait the 6 weeks they told us to wait about 6 weeks ago

I got my second shot after 4 weeks and my bestie after 3 weeks (she's Health so had to get it ASAP)

You'll be fine!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My SIL caught Covid after she was fully vaccinated. She was miserable for about five days, and it took a while longer for her sense of taste to return… but she did recover fully. She just turned sixty and she has a heart condition, so there was some concern when she came down with Covid.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

GREAR NEWS @Daisys and Diamonds. I’m happy to hear you are fully vaccinated!!!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I know someone who had it after with zero symptoms, someone unvaxed at his work caught it so they tested everyone and he came back positive.
The unvaxed guy is not back at work yet but survived it.
I also know of someone, more like family of a friends, friend who had both the original strain and delta. The delta was after vaccination and she had very mild symptoms.
She lives in a care home.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Someone at my work got Covid before the vaccines were created.

Then they got the Pfizer vaccine (both doses).

Then they got Covid AGAIN after being fully vaccinated AND having already had Covid.

etudes

Rough_Rock
My cousin, her husband, and a distant cousin caught covid in early august. They had received double doses of sinovac several months ago. One only had mild symptoms (cough and runny nose), the other two didn't have any symptom. They only got tested because they live in same house. They fully recovered in about 2 weeks.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i just found out one of my American freind's father inlaw (85) just caught it despite being imunized
so far mild symptoms
his best buddy was invited to his grandkids birthday party and the mom knew she was positive and kept quiet
the old guys went to a movie together shearing the same car ride
my freind is livid

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got my second shot after 4 weeks and my bestie after 3 weeks (she's Health so had to get it ASAP)

You'll be fine!!!

this is a scary thread
mind you so is a lot of the news coming out of your country right now
its so unfair
we were all doing so well for so long

edit
this is breaking news here right this minute

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know of four close friends or associates who caught Covid after being double vaccinated. All suffered bad flu symptoms, none needed hospital care. Two were out of action for nearly two weeks. All wondered how much worse their symptoms would have been without the vaccine.

ETA: It says something (and not a good thing) about the UK’s management that you don’t know anyone in Australia @mellowyellowgirl who’s had Covid, yet I know of four friends here in the U.K. who’ve contracted it through the vaccine. Insert swear word of choice…

Last edited:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I don't know anyone yet. We've lost several extended family members and friend's extended family members to Covid before the vaccines were available and we've had several cases of Delta in children under 12 in friend's families. So far none of the fully vaccinated family members (over 12) have caught it.
(We're still in strict track & trace & isolation mode.... So when one family member is positive, everyone in the household is grounded and has to test negative twice and THEN ISOLATE for 7 days after the first negative test of the family member).

During isolation: wfh , if not possible full pay by health insurance.

Generally : mask mandate inside nationwide, pass sanitaire (proof of Vax OR fresh negative test) to be able to dine inside

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My double vaxxed friend caught it, and said it was like a bad cold, but otherwise not too bothersome.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mother in law was hospitalized 2 weeks ago, double vaccinated. She had confusion and allergy symptoms. The only reason she was in the hospital was because she is 89 and grandson is a dr there and wanted to keep an eye on her. She is still testing positive but she is back home.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mother in law was hospitalized 2 weeks ago, double vaccinated. She had confusion and allergy symptoms. The only reason she was in the hospital was because she is 89 and grandson is a dr there and wanted to keep an eye on her. She is still testing positive but she is back home.

FX she recovers quickly ❤️

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are both vaccinated, I was vaxxed much earlier than he was. I was pretty crap for about a week, felt like a really bad cold. Lot of rest, fluids, some outside time (well away from people of course) + I did have to go on zpack, albuterol (which I take anyway) and methylprednisone as I'm asthmatic. I pretty much megadosed vit C as well as had at least 1 giant gatoraid a day. Appetite was total shit though, lots of soups for me. My husband did not get it, amazing, considering we sleep together 5 days of the week. My symptoms lasted 10-14 days.

I thankfully had no lingering symptoms.

@AprilBaby lots of healing thoughts for your MIL.

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
My brother just was diagnosed with Covid and was both doses and had the booster, although it has not been 2 weeks since his booster. He received the monoclonal antibody infusion and is feeling much better. Still has a cough and is tired but has not needed hospitalization.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know anyone who caught Covid after being fully vaccinated.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
My in-laws got Covid after having the J&J vaccine, but J&J is supposed to be the weakest of all the vaccines, so not surprising. They experienced the symptoms of medium level colds (not severe, but not mild.) They are both healthy and in their late 60's.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Vaccines will never be 100% because they "just" trigger the immune system and if one has immune system issues they are less effective.
In some ways we got to expecting to much because the vaccines even j&j against sever illness was so high.
Remember that until now a 50% reduction was considered a successful vaccine.

tinatark

Shiny_Rock
Hospitals in my area report real time hospitalizations and vaccination status. Here's a couple as of today.

UT Covid.jpg

Cov Health.png

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I do know people who've had breakthrough infections. The "worst" scenario was one person was hospitalized with pneumonia.

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results