shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone given soap or bath products as favours?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CoralQuiz

Rough_Rock
I''m considering giving a little Manuka shampoo/conditioner/bubblebath combo with personalised labels and a little piece of white pumice.

I''d love to write a cute little quote on the labels... like how you say "Mint to be" for mints, "Love is sweet" for candy, "Perfect blend" for tea, etc.

What would you write on bath products???

All I can think of are references to getting people naked....
31.gif

(we were going to have fortune cookies but there''s so much food already with canapes, meal, dessert, cake.....)

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Your idea sounds really cute! That said, I''m not usually a fan of giving bath products as gifts of any kind because I feel that they''re a bit too intimate, and you never know if people have allergies or sensitivities. Also, they seem like more of a "girl" gift than a "guy" gift, so I''d feel funny about giving them to my great-uncle or someone like that.

TBjumper

Shiny_Rock
cute idea... give me a min or two and I will be back with ideas for labels... I love a challenge
34.gif

TBjumper

Shiny_Rock
What about "Suds a great couple" ...(Such a great couple)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/27/2009 4:41:03 PM
Author: Octavia
Your idea sounds really cute! That said, I''m not usually a fan of giving bath products as gifts of any kind because I feel that they''re a bit too intimate, and you never know if people have allergies or sensitivities. Also, they seem like more of a ''girl'' gift than a ''guy'' gift, so I''d feel funny about giving them to my great-uncle or someone like that.
totally agree.

it does sound cute though.

TBjumper

Shiny_Rock

I do agree with the posters about allergies, but not everyone has to take a soap... if you think about it how many people are allergic to nuts? Candy apples have nuts, most candy bars have nuts etc... Point I am trying to make is no favor is going to make 100% of your guests happy... do what you think is fun. I know if I had to be careful with soaps, I just wouldn''t take one. Doesn''t mean I didn''t appreciate the idea

2.gif

Does that even make sense, not so sure after re-reading my post...

Cute idea!

A friend of mine was in a wedding where they got a bunch of stuff. She HATED the smell so much she wrapped it in many bags and then shoved it in her basement for a few years. I guess I would just suggest a very neutral smell??? *shrug* But the idea is ADORABLE ... :D

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
cute idea! but do be careful with the scents! i know i always get a headache when i pass by this Sabon soap shop at the mall!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Cute! Ditto to everything about the scents...

You could always do your names like a company and then a slogan: "Mr. and Mrs. CoralQuiz. Keeping it clean since **date of wedding**"

TBjumper

Shiny_Rock
vc: that slogan idea is super cute!
If you are worried about smells and allergies and such... why dont you look into all nautral or local made soaps. Usually they arent as heavy on the stink
2.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
I love this idea! Its so unique and fun!

CoralQuiz

Rough_Rock
I bought them! They''re made locally with natural ingredients and they''re in little sealed bottles so the smell won''t permeate. Manuka is like Tea Tree - it''s not a terribly floral or girly smell so hopefully the boys won''t feel unmanned. I totally get what people mean about giving bath products to a man... but I''m running outta time here so I''m stoked to have crossed another item off the list
2.gif

TBjumper & vc10um thanks for the ideas! They''re both contenders!
36.gif

Another idea I had was, because there will be 3 little bottles in each set, I could write 1 word on each bottle, like : Live Laugh Love

TBjumper

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/28/2009 12:29:31 AM
Author: CoralQuiz
I bought them! They''re made locally with natural ingredients and they''re in little sealed bottles so the smell won''t permeate. Manuka is like Tea Tree - it''s not a terribly floral or girly smell so hopefully the boys won''t feel unmanned. I totally get what people mean about giving bath products to a man... but I''m running outta time here so I''m stoked to have crossed another item off the list
2.gif

36.gif

Another idea I had was, because there will be 3 little bottles in each set, I could write 1 word on each bottle, like : Live Laugh Love
YEA Coral!! Glad you have that taken care of...I wouldnt worry too much about the boys, I dont know too many of them that love those favors that are bubbles with wands either
2.gif
I think the type soap you got is great!! (local to boot)

Let us know what you decide about the slogans... I''ll keep trying to think of more for ya!
9.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2009 8:48:15 AM
Author: TBjumper

Date: 10/28/2009 12:29:31 AM
Author: CoralQuiz
2.gif

36.gif

YEA Coral!! Glad you have that taken care of...I wouldnt worry too much about the boys, I dont know too many of them that love those favors that are bubbles with wands either
2.gif
I think the type soap you got is great!! (local to boot)

Let us know what you decide about the slogans... I''ll keep trying to think of more for ya!
9.gif
Ditto! Knowing there''s three bottles will help me think of more, too! They sound like lovely favors...and the guys can give them to the girls on the way out if they want, anyway.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results