shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone ever made "Pan del Muerte"?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
aka "Bread of the Dead"? DD needs to make this for her Spanish class for Thursday. We plan on making the dough in the bread machine and then shaping and baking it in the oven. So that is no problem.

I have found several recipes that vary in what they say about adding the anise seed. Some say use anise seed and cinnamon for the topping, other recipes say to add ground anise to the dough mixture. Some say to add orange zest to the dough and for the topping just use the anise and not the cinnamom.

So any recommendations?????

Camille

Shiny_Rock
Yep, fun for the kido's but mine really 'hate' anis so I've used 1/2 oz orange water, 1/2 oz vanilla and 1/8 oz anise water in the dough with great results.
Orange zest can be too strong imho, if flavored waters are not avail, I'd make a tea in the micro with 2oz water+ 1/8 ts anis seeds
[or 1/4" cinnamon stick]+ rind of 1/2 of orange [no white] let cool, strain and use in the recipe......All [only] cinnamon is also great, good luck!
3.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
We used to do that when I lived in TX. We all hated anise so we only used orange and cinnamon. Better to have something you can eat than something that''s "right."

soocool

Ideal_Rock
So I guess I will skip the anise and I''ll make a cinnamon/sugar combo to sprinkle on top. We''ll be making it Wednesday. I still need to get some Rapid Rise or Bread Machine Yeast.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results