shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone bought from Hound & Eagle? Have you seen the IG craziness? (A buyer beware PSA)

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I never had but I follow their page. Recently some others have been calling them out for never shipping items or refunding them. H&E then posted a since deleted post about the fact that they are a two person business and one had a heart attack and was out of work, etc and are selling and will refund but have to sell to refund. That alone sounds crazy. Anyway I’m posting just one screenshot of many who have had similar experiences- I was wondering if anyone had any interaction with them and also just wanted to say buyer beware.

IMG_0559.png

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Just one more screenshot because if I had any doubt that maybe these people had illnesses and that’s why they were slow, this has eradicated any doubt that they are not good business people. Brian is of Hound and eagle. Beware.

IMG_0563.png

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I hate all of this so much. We IG sellers try so hard to instill trust in people and I worry that one bad apple is going to spoil the bunch. Plus, their excuses are just bullshit. They claim an illness 15 months ago, which if there was an illness I feel bad but also not an excuse because it’s not that hard to ship orders. Second, they claim that they’re just a two person team and it’s hard to keep up. I’m a one person team and I seem to do just fine. And to think that they are not refunding money because they haven’t made any sales, somebody said it feels like a Ponzi scheme, and they’re right. It’s just disgusting to me that there’s still posting things. I really hope nobody gets taken by there lies

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I hate all of this so much. We IG sellers try so hard to instill trust in people and I worry that one bad apple is going to spoil the bunch. Plus, their excuses are just bullshit. They claim an illness 15 months ago, which if there was an illness I feel bad but also not an excuse because it’s not that hard to ship orders. Second, they claim that they’re just a two person team and it’s hard to keep up. I’m a one person team and I seem to do just fine. And to think that they are not refunding money because they haven’t made any sales, somebody said it feels like a Ponzi scheme, and they’re right. It’s just disgusting to me that there’s still posting things. I really hope nobody gets taken by there lies

Agree 100% . What’s odd is that someone said they had purchased three items with no problem and on the 4th they had issues. So I wonder what their deal really is. But their behavior in their DMs say it all. Just wow. And yes, it’s terribly unfortunate that it might create trust issues with the legitimate IG sellers such as yourself @athenaworth

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Agree 100% . What’s odd is that someone said they had purchased three items with no problem and on the 4th they had issues. So I wonder what their deal really is. But their behavior in their DMs say it all. Just wow. And yes, it’s terribly unfortunate that it might create trust issues with the legitimate IG sellers such as yourself @athenaworth

I think what they’re doing is they lure people in by following through on lower priced items and then once the buyer trust them enough to buy a bigger ticket item that’s when they pull their scam. I was looking at their videos and they all look really different so I’m wondering if they even own the expensive items that they’re posting.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I think what they’re doing is they lure people in by following through on lower priced items and then once the buyer trust them enough to buy a bigger ticket item that’s when they pull their scam. I was looking at their videos and they all look really different so I’m wondering if they even own the expensive items that they’re posting.

Wow!!! That is unbelievable and horrendous!

HisMrs

Rough_Rock

This is my thought, too. It’s horrid.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I will never understand how people can treat others so horribly. First, they take their money, then they are rude and call them names. It's disgusting on many levels. :x2

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Just one more screenshot because if I had any doubt that maybe these people had illnesses and that’s why they were slow, this has eradicated any doubt that they are not good business people. Brian is of Hound and eagle. Beware.

IMG_0563.png

I think we've just learned the only "appropriate action" he's capable of.

HisMrs

Rough_Rock
I wonder if we can all band together and report them as a possible scam. Maybe their account will be taken down if enough of us report it. To do so go to the three dots at top right of their page, select report->something about this account->something else->Misleading or possible scam (located at the bottom of list). Screw those people.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if we can all band together and report them as a possible scam. Maybe their account will be taken down if enough of us report it. To do so go to the three dots at top right of their page, select report->something about this account->something else->Misleading or possible scam (located at the bottom of list). Screw those people.

@HisMrs -

I'd rather they stay open. If they get driven off Instagram, they'll simply re-badge, move on, and re-open under a different moniker, and everyone will fall in the same hole all over again, not knowing who they are. I'd rather they stay exactly where I can keep my eye on them and avoid them.

HisMrs

Rough_Rock
@HisMrs -

I'd rather they stay open. If they get driven off Instagram, they'll simply re-badge, move on, and re-open under a different moniker, and everyone will fall in the same hole all over again, not knowing who they are. I'd rather they stay exactly where I can keep my eye on them and avoid them.

I hadn’t thought about that; however, right now they look reputable. Lots of posts, followers, and tons of customer tags. It would be so easy for anyone to fall in to their trap. But I do think you’re right. At least we know where they are.

Last edited:

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm surprised the attorney general can't do anything - revoke their business license and check to see if they're paying taxes due, at the very least.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like this it's a pyramid scheme. I don't think they've always been like this and something went wrong because they've been in business too long for this to have been going on for literal decades. But them having to sell more to pay off past customers is just crazy! That's totally a pyramid scheme. Ponzi scheme. Something! They should have fessed up and worked toward fixing their debts. People would be cautious in the future but there's honour in admitting fault and working toward a solution. Cursing at customers and threatening not to give them their money is unforgivable and inexcusable.

FWIW, I don't like the instagram model either. It's a great, and probably by now necessary, place for dealers to post to get their items seen, but I always go buy on the dealer's website. If the seller doesn't have a website with a listing with complete details and photos of the item and a policy page with a return policy, I don't buy.

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
Wild. I’m surprised there isn’t more of this kind of thing frankly. The IG business model is so risky for consumers.

I never had but I follow their page. Recently some others have been calling them out for never shipping items or refunding them. H&E then posted a since deleted post about the fact that they are a two person business and one had a heart attack and was out of work, etc and are selling and will refund but have to sell to refund. That alone sounds crazy. Anyway I’m posting just one screenshot of many who have had similar experiences- I was wondering if anyone had any interaction with them and also just wanted to say buyer beware.

IMG_0559.png

@Mreader thank you for posting this. I suggest that the buyers contact FTC and I agree, it is terrible for the trade. IMO, trade should organize and create rules and self-monitor themselves for consumer confidence. The industry already has the reputation of super high mark-ups, so sellers must work hard to gain trust.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results