shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone been following PrecisionGem?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gene has some amazing deals!! I've seen a few gems priced around $100. Gem 774 is so beautiful! (same link as below) I would set it E/W in a white gold solitare. I hope a PS'er gets it! (Though I also secretly hope no one does and then I can buy it for myself later
27.gif
).

I also like Gem662 linky and its only $109! With Christmas shopping though, I don't want to spend any more on myself before I get everyone taken care of. Has anyone else been checking out Precision Gem?

E B

Ideal_Rock
I try not to, because I REALLY want Gem 695 but I can''t afford it. And won''t be able to for who knows how long.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I got a mandarin trilion spessartite and I''ve been watching the sale with interest, as I have a few more gems I''d love. That sapphire is really nice, I''ve been admiring that one for a long time :)

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Mariedtiger, the pink or the lavender?

EBree, that tanzanite is gorgeous! It looks a little like Gene''s lavender sapphire. I wonder how a sapphire and a tanzanite would compare? I know tanzies are softer, but that''s about all I know.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
... both
6.gif
9.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have cyber stalked that pink sapphire for a long time... but I have spent way too much on gems already.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pink is lovely but too small for what I would want it for.

Gem 428 - Rubellite Tourmaline - THAT one on the other hand is rather tempting!

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/7/2009 1:51:34 PM
Author: mariedtiger
I got a mandarin trilion spessartite and I''ve been watching the sale with interest, as I have a few more gems I''d love. That sapphire is really nice, I''ve been admiring that one for a long time :)
I''ve been eyeing that stone forever MT, and I can''t believe it''s been on his site for so long. I bet you''re going to faint when you see it in person. Make sure you take lots and lots of pics!!
31.gif
(after you revive from your fainting spell that is - LOL!!).

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
#774 was one that was offered to me for my ering stone back over a year ago, but was out of our price range.

Here are pictures of the roughs. I think #774 was the one on the far left:

Sapphires%20freke.jpg

Sapphires2%20Freke.jpg

And I think that #770 is probably the rough to the right of the one I think is #774.

I have wanted that stone for a year--ever since it was cut and posted...

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/7/2009 3:52:59 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Date: 12/7/2009 1:51:34 PM

Author: mariedtiger

I''ve been eyeing that stone forever MT, and I can''t believe it''s been on his site for so long. I bet you''re going to faint when you see it in person. Make sure you take lots and lots of pics!!
31.gif
(after you revive from your fainting spell that is - LOL!!).

LOL TL! Me too!!! I really hope I''m going to faint of joy. I promise pics of this beauty, I have to borrow hubby''s camera which is a million times better than mine.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/7/2009 3:59:06 PM
Author: FrekeChild
#774 was one that was offered to me for my ering stone back over a year ago, but was out of our price range.

Sapphires%20freke.jpg

Sapphires2%20Freke.jpg

And I think that #770 is probably the rough to the right of the one I think is #774.

Freke, I agree about 770. I have sat long minutes just ogling it in the bigger picture. I bet it has great light return. There is just something fascinating about it. I just love sapphires.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2009 2:15:19 PM
Author: szh07

EBree, that tanzanite is gorgeous! It looks a little like Gene's lavender sapphire. I wonder how a sapphire and a tanzanite would compare? I know tanzies are softer, but that's about all I know.

Isn't it? I
30.gif
both the cut and color. I know they're somewhat soft, so I'd put it into a pendant with a delicate halo. (In my dreams.
3.gif
)

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2009 3:59:06 PM

Sapphires%20freke.jpg

Sapphires2%20Freke.jpg

Thanks for the pic Freke! I do hope somebody lovely gives it a home soon....

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
The more I look at the sapphs, the more I think that #817 might have come from that parcel too. Maybe the fourth one from the left?

I really wanted one of them (any of them!) for my ering stone...eh well...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Ebree! That tanz is BEAUTIFUL!

You and I always love the same gems!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's funny that almost none of his current sapphires are the typical classic blue. Hehe.

I'm actually not a huge fan of purple. I like number 888, but don't know if I'd like trillions. And I kind of want a blue that stays blue...I think...

I miss my tanzanite now...I should be getting pictures of it soon though! Although I won't get it until january
7.gif

The only one on this site that I'm in love with is one I can't come close to affording, lol. That new tsavorite is
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve always liked Gem 774 and I see that it is now sold. I never bought it because I thought it was too narrow for me. I already have a narrow gem set E/W. But I think the colors in it look cool. Hope a PSer got it!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I really like the new violet spinel he''s posted..
30.gif
.shame I don''t know what to do with a trilliant..

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/7/2009 10:13:16 PM
Author: arjunajane
Wow, I really like the new violet spinel he's posted..
30.gif
.shame I don't know what to do with a trilliant..
WOW, that sold quick!! I hope whoever bought it posts pics, and not just a vendor pic!!
14.gif

I really like the cutting on that one, and the small table. Good idea for spinels.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Too much pink in that new lavender spinel for me. I prefer lavender like the tanz or the sapphire...blue lavender.

I know no one is surprised by this.
2.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I got this one!

Lori

GENERHODOLITEGARNET313a.png

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
That spinel did sell super quick!

Freke, I see what you''re saying. I am still holding out for a true lavender colour spinel like I have wanted since I first came over to the coloured side
2.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2009 4:27:27 PM
Oh Ebree! That tanz is BEAUTIFUL!

You and I always love the same gems!

We do, don''t we? I''m so glad you ended up with that gorgeous blue/lavender Barry from LIB.
30.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too Ebree! I still haven''t come up with any ideas for setting it because it deserves something special.

BTW, I''m holding out on you guys...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this color for a spinel.

A90359-2.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I''d upload a picture of Gene''s new and sold spinel. The cutting is fabulous.

genespinel960.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah I lean towards a more blue lavender, this is actually a little too blue for my taste, but it''s more similar to the lavender color that grows up in our foothills (and in my parent''s front yard).

lavender hint of blue.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/8/2009 3:26:59 PM
Yeah I lean towards a more blue lavender, this is actually a little too blue for my taste, but it''s more similar to the lavender color that grows up in our foothills (and in my parent''s front yard).
That''s a very pretty color too!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/8/2009 3:10:38 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I love this color for a spinel.
Yes I really like that color.

But I like the one Freke posted too.

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
That purple spinel is amazing. I''ve been looking at some of his green stones, but can''t justify buying any more gems for awhile (though, I did get three wonderful pink garnets from Gene earlier in November!). If I were to weaken and make a purchase, it would be one of these green lovelies:

PG_green_yummies.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results