shape
carat
color
clarity

Has any visually compared a Solasfera and H&A?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jdhunter

Rough_Rock
First of all, thanks to all of you who have helped me out so far. I have gone ahead and made the decision to return the diamond I had previously purchased and am continuing to look.

I''ve read many positive reviews of the H&A diamonds, particularly from Goodoldgold and Whiteflash. I am continuing to watch their databases for diamonds that may be a good match for what I''m seeking.

However, I''ve also recently been researching the Solasfera diamonds. There doesn''t seem to be nearly as much discussion about these diamonds, so I am really curious whether anyone else has researched them and what they''ve discovered. I''m especially interested in whether anyone has seen these in person, particularly side-by-side with some well-cut H&A diamonds. What were your thoughts?

Thanks again!!!
Jeff

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
Hi ...

I''d also LOVE to see some side-by-side comparative photos of H&A diamonds and Solasfera in addition to the ones already posted at: goodoldgold.com.

4.gif

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never seen a Solasfera diamond (although I''d love to). Since they have extra faceting, I''d suggest going into a local Ben Bridge, if you have one. Their "Signature" cut diamonds have extra faceting. You could compare those to the Ikuma diamonds, which are their premium line of "regular" hearts and arrows diamonds. That way you can directly compare the different look of the extra facets compared to the regular 8 arrow pattern. However I suspect that the Solasfera diamond is probably superior in cut quality to the Ben Bridge Signature.

If you do a search for Solasfera on the search box above, you''ll find that there are many threads about these diamonds, reputed to be very beautiful. Some people suggest that the extra faceting looks better on a larger size diamond and looks a little busy on smaller sizes.

Keep us posted about what you decide!

Daniel B

Shiny_Rock
Ive seen an actual shot of a Solasfera and a H&A compared next to eachother over an email. The Solasfera was very bright(but busier and smaller pinflashes of light). Id love to see it in person, though. Im going to take a visit to Long Island to Jon''s store (Goodoldgold) in a couple of months to check out 3 H&A''s. I''ll see a Solasfera while im there, hopefully, and report back to everyone. It''ll be nice to see his store and pick the diamond I''ll have for my GF engagement ring AND see the City, It''ll be fun! Seeing NYC is a major reason for me taking the trip over (8hrs fron Cleveland) its gonna be a blast!
I''ll get back to everyone

Incisor

Rough_Rock
Here is a close up of my 0.80ct Solasfera.
I don''t feel it''s too busy.
Sorry it needed some cleaning.
No special light, crappy camera.
Dominic

Solasferadcote.jpg

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Jonathan from Good Old Gold emailed me some side by side comparisons for the two. From everything I''ve read and from what I''ve seen, I understand that it''s a personal preference. When I saw those comparisons, I realized that I prefer the H&A round over the Solasfera, mainly because I don''t like the look of too many small sparkles vs. bigger, more dramatic flashes of light. Hope this helps.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results