shape
carat
color
clarity

Hammer finish help on 14k gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I receive my fiance''s hammered finish 14k gold ring today from e-weddingbands.com
and I''m a tad bit disappointed with the finish. The whole thing is really polished looking and looks totally different from the picture on the site. I was under the impression that the ring was high polished on the step edges and more brushed hammered looking in the middle. I was told that would be more on the lines of titanium, since you cannot do a brushed finish on top of the hammered finish?... Is this true?

digital%20pics%20049.jpg

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
Here is the ring for comparison. I think the ring looks great... as far as the polish goes, it is hard to tell compared to their site. The lighting in either picture could be different, making one appear more dull and the other more polished.

Maybe you could go out to a store and just compare what their hammered rings look like to yours... If you are not happy with it, I would send it back.

But I think the band looks great, very manly!

hammerdome-b.jpg

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the photo from the site might be a bit deceiving because the ring doesn''t look as "shiny" as it does in your pic. I really love the ring in your pic though. I think it was just a difference in lighting that lead to the misperception. I actually like the look in your pic better. Did you want more of a matte finish? A plain brushed/matte finish would probably show scratches fairly easily. I think the hammered look won''t show the wear as quickly. Men''s rings in general always seem to take a lot more abuse, and it does show. (Probably because they don''t baby them like we do our rings!
37.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results