shape
carat
color
clarity

Halo setting: bezel or prong?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Hold it! I''ll break the tie!
31.gif

I like the bezel set better for a round diamond because the prongs kind of get in the way of the center stone. I must say that the bezel does look a little smaller to me but it looks much cleaner to me. Another plus about the bezel is that it doesn''t get caught on anything! I mean no snags ever since I got my ring. Lastly, without a doubt get a matching wedding band custom made by White Flash it''s the only way to go!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I had them both on during my visit to WF.....and I really preferred the prong-set, especially for an engagement stone.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I chose the prong set one for my ring. I love, love, love it. The diamond really does not sit up that high over the halo, and I can easily put my hand in a pocket to retrieve something. It has not snagged on anything. The profile is low on both of these settings, so get the one you prefer. As far as bands, I too would get whiteflash to custom make one to match. I already have talked to them about one for mine, and when I save enough money, I will be having it.
9.gif

shay

recran

Rough_Rock
lol You guys are no help! I''m still stuck! lol Seriously, I look at the bezel and I''m all, "Oooh... pretty... and won''t get snagged." I look at the prong set one and I think, "Oooh... pretty... and extra pretty from the side..." I love the pics I''m seeing! The WF settings allow a band to sit flush under the halo. Which I prefer cuz I know I''ll end up just wearing the tiny skinny band sometimes and would rather not have a curved one. Ya know, the prong thing prolly won''t bother me as my ring now is pretty tall... Okay, obviously I''m leaning towards the prong setting right this second!
21.gif

pspaniac

Rough_Rock
I vote for the prong set too!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
This is a bit OT but which pony are you?

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2005 12:54:06 PM
Author: Mara
here's one of my fave shots, the two of them side by side throwing of mega sparklies.
What is really funny to me about that shot, Mara, is that the rings look like they are sitting on some 'photo-friendly' surface throwing off those colors. Do you remember what that surface was?

ETA: For those so inclined, consider the interest in a matching band noted (and appreciated).

recran

Rough_Rock
Dunno what kind of MLP it is.
7.gif
I just wanted a MLP image and it was the cutest one I found. It reminds me of one of the original ones that I had back in the day... but I think she might have been a pegasis..

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2005 10:30:52 PM
Author: JohnQuixote

Date: 10/28/2005 12:54:06 PM
Author: Mara
here's one of my fave shots, the two of them side by side throwing of mega sparklies.
What is really funny to me about that shot, Mara, is that the rings look like they are sitting on some 'photo-friendly' surface throwing off those colors. Do you remember what that surface was?

ETA: For those so inclined, consider the interest in a matching band noted (and appreciated).
Why Sir John, Batman remembers all!!

The photo-friendly surface was in fact just your closed laptop surface....works great in a pinch!!!
31.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Definitely the bezel. The prong version from the side just looks too funky to me.

hearts set

Shiny_Rock
well, not to confuse you even more...but...

I have the prong set ring.

Let me tell you that it is beautiful. I am happy happy happy.

I fell in love with a similar Peter Storm which was a bezel...so I love both look.

My sweetie prefered the prongs...voila

also, mine is a J and I wanted to allow for the most possible light.

NOt an easy choice...I''m sure you''ll be happy with either.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2005 5:45:58 PM
Author: JohnQuixote
You are wise, oh winged one.
and I have nice hair too.
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results