shape
carat
color
clarity

Halo rings owners...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I was wondering if the ladies that own halo style rings, have issues with the small melee sized diamonds falling out?

Do you consider yourself hard on your jewelry or are you extra careful with it?

Are there any considerations with what metal the ring is made of?

Thanks-I had a small stone fall out of mine this week-ahgggg!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a split shank halo. I wear mine pretty much every day. I am quite gentle on my rings. I am changing the setting for a more simple design because I feel too blingy wearing the halo.

Its 14k white gold but the prongs holding the centre diamond are platinum.

Its a shame you lost a stone. Do you know how it popped out or did you just look and it was gone?

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately, I looked and it was gone! I hadn''t knocked it on anything either, actually just took it out of the box and put her on for about 15 min. and goner
7.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a pave - haloish ring that my dad gave me five years ago. I wear it A LOT and i am fairly hard on my jewelry - or maybe i should say i am really not as careful as i should be. I sleep in it, wear it to work (and i work with my hands), etc.

Mine personally hasn''t had any trouble - it''s in WG and it''s probably not the greatest quality (from Zales) although it''s beautiful - the pave on it is really teeny. I do have to say though, that i am surprised mine is still in tact b/c i would think if you are hard on your jewelry like i am, it''s probably a part of owning pave jewelry....

any others?

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
I have a halo set in white gold and I haven''t had any problems at all. Of course, I try to be as careful as possible with it.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have a halo but I do have pave on my wedding band. Have had it for four years and I''m klutzy so my ring''s seen alot of abuse. But, I haven''t lost a stone (yet). Mine is platinum. I was considering another pave ring and posted in rocky talk earlier about the difference between hand crafted and cast rings. I was wondering if it made a difference in how secure those little stones are. Storm said it''s mostly about workmanship, and mrssalvo gave me a link.

Here''s the thread: link

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m very careful with my rings, and none of the pave'' has ever fallen out. But be sure to check it at the end of each day.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
I''ve only had mine for 5 months but so far no problems. I don''t think I''m all that delicate, I''m a bit of a tomboy. But I am very aware that it''s there so I''m careful not to knock it against things...um...most of the time.
9.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My halo/pave is set in WG and I wear it pretty much 24/7. I only take it off when I''m in the shower and it is soaking. I''ve had it for almost a year and have had no stones fall out.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
<--------------- I had this for 3 days when I noticed that the tiniest melee stone fell out. I need to send it back to Vatche. It must have been loose from the get go. I lead a very sedentary life. I don''t even do dishes.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/24/2008 4:55:45 PM
Author: MoonWater
I''ve only had mine for 5 months but so far no problems. I don''t think I''m all that delicate, I''m a bit of a tomboy. But I am very aware that it''s there so I''m careful not to knock it against things...um...most of the time.
9.gif
Whoa! I miss so much on here! And I promise I really DO read and post in other sections than just the political threads. There''s just too much to keep up with. I just now found your engagement ring thread, Moon. Yikes-a-mighty but that is a gorgeous ring!! Belated congrats!

I''ve had my halo for about 6 months, and the pave is doing fine. I''m pretty careful with my rings though. I take them off the minute I get home, and pretty much don''t wear them around the house: too much chance I''ll need to work in the kitchen or somesuch. But I always put on jewelry before I leave the house. It would be rude to go out half dressed, don''t you think??
2.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
knock on wood... I''ve not lost any stones in 3 years. However, I am pretty easy on my hands and my rings are the first thing I take off when I get home/ last thing I put on before I leave.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I've had my pave/halo ering that I've worn for the last three years.

One of my stones fell out when I was ultrasonic-ing the ring.

I took it back to my jeweler and he fixed it for free. He evens said to keep on using the ultrasonic cleaner, as it shouldn't make the stones come out, and if it does, he'll replace it.

ETA - I'm pretty hard on my ering. I only really take it off to shower and sleep. When I first got it I was forever banging it on stuff. I still do it to a certain degree.

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
Knock on wood...

I''ve had my e-ring for over a year and a half now without problems. I don''t wear it when I''m at home. I also recently had it checked out to make sure that the prongs and the pave part are tight.

luvbug

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to hear about your missing stone
8.gif

I''ve only had my halo for three months, but luckily no problems yet. I''d say I''m moderately careful with my ring - I do take it off to sleep and shower. I was worried about stones popping out when we started looking at pave, but our jeweler assured us they would repair any missing stones.
Mine is Simon G setting in 18K white gold

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I have not lost any of the stones in my ring. I''ve had it for almost 3 years and am very hard on it, the only times I don''t wear it are working out, sleeping, and showering.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I have had three pave melee get lost/loose from my ultrasonic in three different rings.

Two of them were Ritanis, I found the loose melee floating at the bottom of my US after I cleaned them. One of them is the halo sapphire ring in my avatar. I have not fixed it yet.

I also purchased a second hand DBL rose gold pave ring and after cleaning it in the ultrasonic, I took it out to rinse it off and realized that a diamond was missing. I couldn't find it in the US, I think the diamond must of gotten loose in the US and when I rinsed it out in the sink, it went down the drain.
I haven't fixed it yet either.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results