shape
carat
color
clarity

Halo question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

seannaleigh

Rough_Rock
28.gif
Hey everyone have a quick question. And im not sure if anyone is going to be able to understand what i am saying but im gonna try my best. Ok so i have been looking at E-rings for a few weeks now and i know that i like a round diamond with little diamonds going around them, i think its called a halo setting from what i have read on here. Ok so i saw a ring the other day at a store and at first look it looked the a huge diamond im talking like 4 carats so as i brought it closer to my eye i relaized it was a smaller round diamond surrounded my the smaller diamonds, i didnt look at it long enough like i should have cause the guy was pushy and just kept handing me more rings. but ive tried on other rings and the that were like tht and they didnt have that look where i thought it was just a huge rock till i really saw it upclose. do you think it was because the diamonds going around the center stone were a little bit bigger then what ive seen. this post is really confusing i think i just need to go back and ask to look at that ring again to figure it out but if anyone is understanding this plase comment!!
28.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
28.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/28.gif" border="0">

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Well, I''ll take a stab at this . . . Are you asking if a center stone will look bigger if the halo diamonds are bigger than the normal 1 to 2 pointers we usuall see? I think it is possible from a distance, but from up close, if the halo diamonds are too big, I think it dwarfs the center stone and will make it look smaller, IMO.

What size center stone are you aiming for? I have 1 point stones around my halo with a 2 ct center (pear), and I recently saw Lmurden''s 0.70 ct round center with 1 point stones in the halo. It looked perfectly proportionally to me. There are some halos here with 2 pointers, but none that I am aware of that are larger.

Another thing to consider if you are going for the appearance of 1 large stone is to bezel set the center stone. I think it gives more of the 1-big-stone illusion. I also recommend white metal (platinum or white gold) rather than yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results