shape
carat
color
clarity

Halloween Candy Poll

Hi All, So I'm curious--How much much candy do you give for Halloween?

• One piece per kid

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Two pieces per kid

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Three per kid

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Not sure, a handful

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Depends on the age of the kid

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We had about 150 trick-or-treaters tonight. I bought about 200 pieces of candy, have 20 left, and gave two pieces to the first 30ish kids, then switched to one so I didn't run out.

They're supposed to stop coming at 7, but there are still some groups of teens wandering around.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was really slow here tonight, we had some crazy weather come thru, it rained, stormed and then hailed and then the temps dropped like a rock...I usually have around 200-300 kids tonight it was probably closer to 75-100, I started out give out 2 each and it increased as the night wore on...I still have an entire unopened large bag of candy and 3/4 of another hugh bag...guess my hubby will take it to work and the guys there will eat it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1320088518|3051173 said:
About two or three pieces each, and towards the end of the night, I start giving out handfuls.

Ditto.

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
I do two each. Two years ago (DH and my first Halloween giving out candy together) my mom called after about two kids had come by. DH proceeded to hand out big, man-sized handfuls ::) When I got off the phone about 30 minutes later, there were like five pieces of candy left. So we ran out really early. We were out of town last year and this year I put DH on notice and made him do the whole thing ;)) He learned his lesson! :praise:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
College students. At least they dressed up. I was scrambling to give them Candy...

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
I had NONE. I was pretty upset. I think it was rainy and maybe our neighborhood doesn't have as many kids as I thought. I saw some kids being pulled in wagons (read: toddlers) but they were on the other side of the street. Now we have a huge bin of candy with no one to eat it except people who shouldn't be!

Sidenote - Why do toddlers trick or treat? Is it for their parents or to build a tradition? I saw a few kids who wouldnt have been able to walk more than a couple steps unassisted.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We live in a small neighborhood but I was hoping for a better turn out than we had. Our doorbell only rang twice - two sets of three kids, lol. Lots of mini Reese's peanut butter cups, kisses and rolos left over. Not exactly the result I wanted.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
We had about 20-30 trick or treaters. I was happy to see that most were young kids. We had a few teeny boppers and 1 older teen/20-something. I gave about 5-6, plus a few atomic warheads to each.Gave out 2-50 pc bags and about half of a smaller bag. I have about a half of a smaller bag left. I may have sampled, um, everything? Twice? Maybe more? :oops: I loooooove candy and I can't help but get stuff I like :tongue: reeses peanut butter cups and pieces, 100 Grand, Oh Henry! and atomic warhead sours. I bought the sours because I loved them as a kid, but I had one and my whole mouth is full of canker sores!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay I guess it depends on who is handing out the candy in my house.

Me- 2 chocolate type (kit kat, snickers or that type) and 1 or 2 pieces of gum or smarties

Hubby - a man sized handful, which usually has me running to the store to buy more because we ran out!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
We never get ANY trick or treaters and ALWAYS buy a bag (we live in nice apartments but the parents take their kids to the mall to trick or treat around here). If one came to the door we would likely give them either ALL of one bag or most of it in joy. I miss trick or treaters and it made me sad that we didn't get any again this year. Next year I'm putting out some kind of Halloween wreath and see if we get at least one.

When we lived in NJ our neighborhood was kid friendly. I fully admit that I gave the cute ones more than the surly or slutty ones. And I also gave more as the night wore on, first rationing it then trying to get rid of it.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
We live in a very active trick-or-treat neighborhood. Kids dress up, at least 60% of the adults dress up, people put up decorations, make scary scenes on their lawns, play music, and have firepits and drink cider in their driveways. So we get a lot of traffic. One piece each or we'd go broke. I find most kids aren't that interested in the candy anyway. They are more excited to see all the other kids, costumes, decorations and being out with for the activity.

We had very nice weather this year and the trick-or-treaters stayed out from about 6 until 9.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Halloween but our next door neighbors don't decorate and we are close to two neighborhoods that are legendary for Halloween so even people from our neighborhood go to those neighborhoods instead. I was the one who stayed home and I got 5-6 groups of around 4 kids each. I started with 2 pieces, then switched to 3 but still have lots left over Sigh :(( .

I think maybe next year I'll do something different, buy a smaller number but in a bigger size, to reward those who do venture to our house, or just close up shop and go out!

In the informal poll of our household, size rules all. My daughter got a full size twix bar because the people personally knew her, and she raved about that. Other favorite items are non-food gifts like glowing balls or spooky rings, bags with multiple individual items in them, all chocolate bars (especially ones without nuts) or unusual chewy candies like swedish fish.

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
We gave each kid one bag. Each bag had about 13 pieces in it.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had about 600 kids this year. At 8:30 we shut off the lights and had about 30 pieces of candy left. I was getting a little tired of the dad's bringing 6 mo. old babies to the door and saying trick or treat, and teenagers with beards. All the small kids were home by then, I guess.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
1-2 piec es per tricker. The husband did the honors last nite--and because we had REALLY bad weather over the week end we didn't get many. Towards the end we got a group of older kids who were NOT from our neighborhood who said they wanted money instead of candy. He closed the door on them and gave them nothing. I made him take the surplus to the office this morning, but he left me a bag of candy corn, my all time favorite.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results