shape
carat
color
clarity

Half bezel setting: Mondera or WF?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

idealist

Rough_Rock
Does anybody saw both Mondera and WhiteFlash half bezel setting in person? Both the vendors are reputable. I just wonder except for the price difference, if the two settings have same look/quality over a 0.8ct stone? Is it worth to spend 1/3 more to go for the WF version which is endorsed by many at PS site?
33.gif
Hard to make the decision. Actually, I'm looking for a similar look of the Tiffany Etoile e-ring, and don't like a thin shank version. Thanks in advance.

Mondera:
http://www.mondera.com/buildring_newer/setting_product.asp?mscssid=EW19KLJQ22U78KR1G1KJGRGH4G4F5945&engage=Y&partno=3001862&productcode=JW&shapeDesc=&classid=120&whichpage=3

WF:
http://whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Heavy-Platinum-Halfbezel-by-LE_714.htm

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I went thru the same thing you are going thru. The Le from WF or purchase elsewhere. After looking around, emailing and calling around, I decided the Le was worth the price difference. I haven't seen the Mondera mount in person, but I did visit your link. Just a few differences I noticed.

The Mondera website says their ring tapers from 5mm to 4.2mm, my ring shank is the same size all the way around. 5mm. There is an additional "bump out" around the hole below the diamond the size of the diameter of the diamond, 7mm in my case. The hole is bigger allowing better access for cleaning. The Mondera ring looks like it is a manufactured ring. The Le ring will be custom made to order for the ring size and the stone. The bezeil of the Le is custom made to fit the diamond that will be mounted in the ring. Also, the metal of the bezel in the Le extends down a bit, fitting to the sides of the diamond rather than just gripping the girdle as depicted in the pic at the Mondera website. All of the edges of the Le ring are smooth. The ring flows as if it were made all one piece.

Just some thoughts for you to consider.
1.gif

idealist

Rough_Rock
PQ,
Thank you so much for sharing the info. I know you've got a beautiful and seamless WF version e-ring. Good for you.
36.gif
Will do consider your suggestion. But frankly, the WF version IS kind of pricy even comparing to the Tiffany Etoile.

As for the shank width of the Mondera setting, I have the same assumption as you have. so confirmed with the rep at Mondera, she clarified that "The shank width is between 4.2mm to 5mm. But it is constant throughout the ring. The width of the shank is determined based on the size of the diamond that is to be set in it. If you wish that the shank width be maintained at 5mm then a special request can be entered while placing the order. " Hopefully, this could be done if the order placed. And if it is true, the description on their web site is confusing and should be updated. Also, it has a handmade bezel. This sounds not bad. Is anybody really saw the Mondera half bezel setting in person?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2005 3:26
6.gif
6 PM
Author: idealist

PQ,
Thank you so much for sharing the info. I know you''ve got a beautiful and seamless WF version e-ring. Good for you.
36.gif
Will do consider your happy experience with WF. But frankly, the WF version IS kind of pricy even comparing to the Tiffany Etoile.

As for the shank width of the Mondera setting, I have the same assumption as you have. so confirmed with the rep at Mondera, she clarified that ''The shank width is between 4.2mm to 5mm. But it is constant throughout the ring. The width of the shank is determined based on the size of the diamond that is to be set in it. If you wish that the shank width be maintained at 5mm then a special request can be entered while placing the order. '' Hopefully, this could be done if the order placed. And if it is true, the description on their web site is confusing and should be updated. Also, it has a handmade bezel. This sounds not bad. Is anybody really saw the Mondera half bezel setting in person?

That makes more sense. The shank being sized according to the stone and not tapered.

It was easier for me to go with WF as that is where my diamond came from. Just simple to have the diamond set and the completed ring shipped.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results