shape
carat
color
clarity

Haircut help! Urgent!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I have my first haircut in over 7 months tomorrow (we moved in March and I finally got around to making one with someone recommended by my SIL) and I have no idea what to tell her to do! I''m pretty much up for anything cut-wise. Any suggestions? In case it affects your decision, I''m 25.

Here''s the non-style that I''m currently sporting (those chin-length layers used to be bangs):

before-the-cut-007reduced.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo, I bet you look great with long sweeping bangs across your forehead! ETA:Side-swept, I meant to say) Your bangs look like mine--I can't commit to cutting them again so they're like a whole chin-length layer by themselves. LOL.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock

Now don''t laugh - I don''t have photoshop or anything like this, but I think you should chop your hair :)

This is the idea...

robbiehair2.JPG

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/21/2008 3:39:01 PM
Author: October2008bride

Now don''t laugh - I don''t have photoshop or anything like this, but I think you should chop your hair :)

This is the idea...
Basically, the shortest layer on the right side of the pic (your physical left) I think is a nice length/shape. I personally don''t think you need to cut your bangs though - although it certainly wouldn''t look bad! I just think something that isn''t too much work but is stylish woudl be nice.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Monarch, I usually have some type of bangs and I think my favorite is the long sweeping kind.

October, it''s funny you suggested that, because that''s actually about the length that I got it cut at my last haircut! I brought in a pic of Katie Holmes when she''d just gotten her bob and they did a really good job making it look like the picture. I thought I looked awesome until I saw my ID badge for work. I''m still not sure if it was just a bad picture or if that haircut is just not flattering on me, but it makes me kind of nervous to get it like that again.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/21/2008 4:01:33 PM
Author: robbie3982
Monarch, I usually have some type of bangs and I think my favorite is the long sweeping kind.

October, it''s funny you suggested that, because that''s actually about the length that I got it cut at my last haircut! I brought in a pic of Katie Holmes when she''d just gotten her bob and they did a really good job making it look like the picture. I thought I looked awesome until I saw my ID badge for work. I''m still not sure if it was just a bad picture or if that haircut is just not flattering on me, but it makes me kind of nervous to get it like that again.
Hmmm okay. I''ll take your word for it. In that case, I think I''d just leave it (or ''freshen'' up the layers). I think your hair looks great in that picture as is.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Funny. I always tend to cut side bangs because I want them so bad but then I hate them immediately and choose to grow them out. Mine grew out and have been grown out for about 6 months now and I already wanted to cut them again. But my Mom talked sense into me so I haven''t taken that angle yet. But when I did grow out my bangs, I got this amazing style that I love so much. My muse was from a soap I watch. Anyhow, here is a photo of her hair. I have done about the same length as her hair here and a longer version (almost touching the shoulders) version. I have fine hair and this style works good for me. It gives me great volume! I love it so much that I haven''t looked back. (And I usually am one to change my style at least once a year) I''m going on a year now with the same style and am not sick of it yet. I''m actually going tomorrow to have it cut again. But just a side note- this is a high-maintenance precision hairstyle. It has to be cut often because it grows out fast and the style dies out if you don''t keep it up.

KateStareSonny.jpg

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I think this would be super sexy....

Cut
Long bob with light layers to give movement and volume with sweeping bang.
Color
Dark brown base color, appearing almost black with rich red highlights.
What to Book
Color and partial highlight with cut

port_Kelly.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yummy, IWPO!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock

I like it the way it is!

Although the short style that has been suggested will look really good on you too.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I just got a swing cut and I LOOOOOOOOVE it. I wish that I had been braver and gotten a more sharp angle. I also had her cut in a sweep bang to soften the front, and she also added some layers for movement.

so I vote that you get a swing. I like it personally because it still feels like I have some length around my face but my hair isn't long. And it's super fun! I think it would look great on you!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would make sure that you don''t go too short that you can''t wear a ponytail once the baby is born. You won''t have much time or energy in the early days to do your hair.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2008 10:00:43 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I would make sure that you don''t go too short that you can''t wear a ponytail once the baby is born. You won''t have much time or energy in the early days to do your hair.
Ditto. Keep it long enough to pull back. I can''t wait to see what you choose.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I think something like this with lots of soft layers would be really pretty and you could keep most of your length. You could always had a few highlights/lowlights to give it more depth. Be sure to show us what you decide on!
3.gif

robbie-suggest.jpg

amber_312

Shiny_Rock
for your face shop, i would suggest something like this:

Lauren-Conrad-015060.jpg

amber_312

Shiny_Rock
correction, i meant face shape.

Lauren Conrad Hair 01.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IWPO - I love the color and highlights in the photo you posted. I think I''ll be bringing that photo to my stylist next Saturday, although she may say no (as she''s a bit of a control freak
7.gif
), but I think I will have to plead my case for this one!!

Can you tell me where the photo is from? Perhaps I can search for more?

Robbie - You have such beautiful hair! Do you blow it out to get it that straight?

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Gee, I really like your non-style, Robbie! I think you look great. You could even just go with getting it cleaned up and trimmed. The way the ex-bangs frame your face is very nice.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I like lots of the suggestions Robbie, and I''m sure they would all look good on you - you have a lovely face that could accommodate a wide variety of styles
1.gif

Can''t wait to see what you choose - we''re actually haircut twins today as I''m going to get mine cut and colored in about 10 minutes for the first time in months. Not really sure what this person will do (I''m seeing a new stylist as well), but hopefully we both end up looking fab
9.gif

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
pretty sure i''m too late, but wanted to say that my new hair-cut is super low maintenance, very chic, AND kid friendly. victoria beckham''s old do- shorter in back, longer in front bob. if you want, add the side-swept bang and some color. requires less than 5min in the morning, and i only wash every 3rd or even 4th day.
can''t wait to see what you choose!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results