shape
carat
color
clarity

Had a dream last night about a blackened red stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katomm

Shiny_Rock
It was clear, had some flecks in it. Any ideas what I was dreaming about? I'm now obsessed with finding it and having a RHR made.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
A poorly cut pyrope garnet? They can be red with a lot of black...
9.gif

Was it a cabochon or faceted (or carved...)? What was the shade of red? How big it was? How brilliant? I can''t believe I''m writing this...
2.gif

katomm

Shiny_Rock
Let''s see, it was emerald cut and probably 3 carats. Really deep blood red almost black. Can''t remember what color the flecks were.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Flecks were another color?! No such thing in nature (at least I''ve never heard of anything similar). Maybe if you search around synthetics and/or imitation stones...

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Would you be at all interested in something like this? It''s called a "cherry opal" and it looks synthetic, but it''s pretty!

cherry-opal-ring.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first few thoughts were strawberry quartz or bloodstone until I read the part about being emerald cut. Hmm...I don''t know.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/21/2009 8:40:08 PM
Author: katomm
Let''s see, it was emerald cut and probably 3 carats. Really deep blood red almost black. Can''t remember what color the flecks were.

Did you happen to see the new "New Moon" vampire movie?
2.gif
Sounds like something a vampire might like too!
9.gif
Just kidding...hope you can find the stone to make your ''dream'' come true!
21.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
My guess was going to be an opal but red on black seems to be quite rare from what I''ve read and I''m not sure it would be cut into an emerald shape. Good luck in your search!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
black opal

Patch41.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hessonite garnet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results