shape
carat
color
clarity

h coloured diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jazzbride

Rough_Rock
Hey guys.
I am thinking of buying a 3 stone engagement ging. Centre stone is .7c and the 2 outer are .45 c on a platinum band. THey are brilliant/ round cut h diamonds. Will the colour be noticed on this?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to Pricescope
35.gif

Generally, an H in that size will look plenty white to most people, but we need more info such as which lab graded these diamonds? Colour perception is an individual thing, really the only way to tell for sure is for you to see these diamonds and judge for yourself, or similar diamonds with the same grading report. But in general terms, an H is a very popular choice for consumers wanting a diamond which looks very white, also an I is where the industry believe that the average person begins to notice a hint of tint, perhaps more from the side of the diamond. GIA and AGS are considered by many to be the strictest labs for grading, so if this ring has a report from either of these labs, it should be fine.

Can you tell us which lab graded these diamonds so we can help you further? Do you have any cut info for the centre diamond? Cut quality is very important to show off any colour grade diamond to it's best advantage.

jazzbride

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your reply. I do not knowwhich lab graded the diamonds. The clarity on all 3 iis VS2.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are welcome! Is there any way you can find out if this ring has an accompanying GIA report or other, at least for the centre diamond? If it doesn't have one, are you ok with buying ungraded diamonds, the price should be lower if this is the case. Is the ring being sold by a brick and mortar jeweller or mall store? Bear in mind if you are buying diamonds that don't have a grading report, you have no way of knowing if you are in fact getting H VS2 for colour and clarity, they could be lower for both in actuality...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
As long as they are certed by either GIA or AGS and they are well-cut stones you won''t see a thing in them. They will be white!!! A very color sensitive person might be able to see a difference when comparing them to D/E diamonds side by side, but it will be very hard to see anything in them alone. I just recently ordered an H color diamond and will be loading a thread with pics. I have an H pendant that is .43 carats that looks incredibly white. You can also search the show me the ring folder for tons of H stones.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results