shape
carat
color
clarity

H color stone question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Xtreemski1

Rough_Rock
Hello all I think that I have found the perfect diamond, but it is H in color and I was concerned about this diamond having a yellow tint. Those of you with diamond H in color is the color very noticeable? Everything else looks good, but the H grade kind of concerns me, am I being silly?
Thanks

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
H is a very nice color type. Unless the stone is really large, over 6 carats, or a strangely cut one, it will look colorless. My wife has a 3.51 H that looks very white to all of us. No complaints.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
If this diamond is an ideal cut, you should not be able to see yellow at all until about (won''t go there, you may be color sensitive). No yellow at that level. Maybe a little warmth if you''re sensitive to it. I would just make sure I got the best cut possible, and no worries.

shay

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome
35.gif
Is it a round diamond? If so, shouldn''t be a problem as a well cut round will look very white in an H, it is a safe choice. Fancies may show a little more colour than a round, but again an H should be a good choice. An H is normally considered to be a good middle ground for colour, best to see what your own eyes tell you, but I doubt there will be an issue.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like others say, an H color will face up blindingly white, but only if it''s very well-cut. Depending on the size of the stone and how you''re going to set it, you may be able to see some creamy tint from the side. I have a 3.56 carat round H and I can see some very slight creaminess from the pavilion, but I think it gives my stone warmth and romance. :)

ssteigs

Rough_Rock
Just bought a 1.5qt H color Princess. Looks very white and would never guess it to be anything other than colorless. No Yellow tint at all.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I have H colored 1.25 carat each diamond stud earrings and I cannot see a bit of color difference between them and the F colored 1.25 carat center stone in my three stone ring. I wouldn''t worry about an H looking yellow at all.

kevinyonker

Rough_Rock
I seriously doubt you will notice any color at all in an H, esp. if it''s a round ideal cut. Many would consider the color H to be an excellent value with regards to color grade.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw an H pear and couldn''t really see any tint to it at all...till I held it up to my D. Unless held next to a high color stone, I don''t believe you''ll notice the tint at all. If you can find a stone with some blue fluor...it could look like a G or better!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I think it depends on the shape. I have an "I" colored pendant and a F colored solitaire. Both round and the "I" looks white, it is set in platinum too. Unless I hold the I next to the F I have trouble seeing the color.

BUT that being said, when I was looking at emerald cut and asscher cut stones before I started majorly hinting to my husband I liked asschers (wanted to check them out). I could detect much more yellow in an H colored asscher or emerald cut than I could in my I colored round. I told him that.

I have "G" colored asscher stones (see my photo under my name) and I love this ring, would not change it but I have to say that the "G" colored asschers are warm to my eye, almost more warm than my I colored round pendant. But still white if that makes sense. Warm but white, set in platinum.

So shape and cut make a HUGE difference in my opinion.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Hi...I own an H in a 1.21 cushion cut and it faces up very white for a fancy cut. I have it set in a platinum setting and only if I hold it at a weird angle ever so often will I see a slight hint of tint, but it is mixed with the sparkles so for me, its not a problem...and this is a SI2 stone. For me, the fact it is a well cut stone I believe helps...

Chewie

Rough_Rock
I purchased an ideal cut H stone and there is no doubt that you CANNOT tell the difference between the stone I purchased and a D stone when it''s set.

I compared the H stone to D, F and G stones (including a CZ which are D''s) up against a bright white paper (all stones were loose at the time) and I struggled to see the difference in color. My fiance thinks it''s absolutely colorless (other people can see the color difference, but we couldn''t). There was a VERY VERY slight color difference, but when is your SO going to hold her ring up against white paper to show it off?

Here''s some pics:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/getting-anxious-what-do-you-think.41729/=

The first photo in the black box is misleading, because you can see the reflection of the beige color of the top of the box in the stone, the last three photos tell the story...

I think you have nothing to worry about and the stone will look wonderful!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO...H color is an ex choice
30.gif
36.gif
may not be white enough for some people
20.gif
have you seen the stone?

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
i have an ideal round H. for me H is the sweet spot, still amazingly white yet a good value. i also have I colored stones and see no difference between them and the H, and the I''s are very white.

in certain lights only, the H takes on this great "hue"-- its not yellow or warm at all, and its not icy white like a cubic zirconia. its a soothing hue, blah, i cant explain it :) but i love it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results