shape
carat
color
clarity

H color E ring & G color wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jo

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

For my engagement ring I have an H SI1 with medium flourescence, 2.75 ct, RB center stone with one tapered baguette on either side. I saw a wedding band I liked at Tiffany; either full or partial eternity band, brilliant cut / prong set. The wedding band is very thin; only 2 mm thick.

The question I have is the wedding band is all G VS2, brilliant cut stones. With such a thin wedding band, would the color difference between G and H (E ring) scream out that they aren''t the same color?

I have trouble telling in the jewelry store where everything is lit up with halogen lighting.

Thanks!

rosy

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think you''ll notice a difference between an H & a G. When you''re in Tiffany''s it''s a good idea to shield the diamond with your hand when looking at it. This will block out their overcrazed lighting.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t think you''ld see a difference. If the band is "thin"- it will just be alot of amazing sparkle to compliment your stone.
Don''t forget to post pictures Jo.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
If the wedding band has tiny stones, it won''t be visible at all. My middle stone is an H and I have G and E colored .02c and .03c melee in my rings...my e-ring are F/G melee and my wedding ring are E/F melee. You can''t see a thing, all you see is sparkle. If you were talking about a 3 stone ring where the sides are bigger that may be different, but in melee I don''t think it makes much of a difference.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Agreed -- you won''t see it. I have an E e-ring stone, and F-G stones in my band. Most people agree that it is very difficult to see color difference in adjacent colors of stones the same size, so with this size difference it will be a complete non-issue.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results