shape
carat
color
clarity

H&A RB or Daniel K Asscher

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kinger

Rough_Rock
Okay! Queen of confusion/indecision here. I HAVE at least narrowed the search to the two ideas I love the most (although so many diamonds are just breathtaking). I now know I would really love to have a Daniel K solitaire asscher, 2+ ct

OR

A H&A RB, relatively low set, perhaps with some pave or channel diamond detailing, 1.75 (ish) ct. for the center.

It has taken me a lot to get to this point and I''m not even sure what I want to ask you folks! I always thought I wanted the best RB I could get in an elegant setting, but I have become smitten with the Daniel K asscher. I suppose that could make a wonderful RHR down the road but it would be hard to pull off a RB solitaire as a RHR!

kyubi

Rough_Rock
Well I am a proud owner of a H&A (well actually my wife is
31.gif
) and I am sooooo happy I made that choice. I was typically going to go with just a well cut RB but after serious thought and helpful advice from all the lovely people on this forum I went with the H&A. I too, was looking at the asscher but I wasn''t fond of that style of cut.

I think ur right, if you do plan on making it a RHR it may look rather...well interesting...

You can look at the ring I got my wife at this posting...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/j-color-h-a-si1.25099/page-2

It''s in the middle somewhere...and its a simple setting...but it looks GREAT!!!

...ummmm...i think i''m gloating now
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that RB is more classic for engagement...I have a RB engagement and intend to get a RHR asscher at some point in the far future...
9.gif
...I like different shapes, but I always found myself back at RB for the engagement ring so I went with it. I always thought about doing a princess or something but when it came down to it, over the last few years I just knew I wanted round. sometimes i think it would have been fun to do something different, but i guess in my heart I was always traditional in this particular way.

But it really depends on the person..we have seen amazing fancy engagement rings around here, so get what you really think you will want and love LONG TERM! good luck!

Kinger

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input. You''re right, Mara. The RB is certainly the most classic engagement style. And it is stunning (I love yours and the one from the link above!!!).

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
I think thats a good way to approch it... you aim to have that ring on her finger till the day she dies... so go with timeless elegance with a RB over current fashions... altho it does come down to personal preferance... but hey, at least you aint looking at a pink diamond simply because XXXX was wearing one in next weeks edition of yyyy magazine (because last weeks is SOOOOO over!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results