shape
carat
color
clarity

H&A particularly Arrows

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
So I''ve noticed in other people''s rings for the ideal cut rounds, I see arrows sometimes dark, sometimes silvery but mostly dark. In my Jubilee, I''ve only ever been able to see silvery white arrows. Is this just particular to this type of cut? Should I be able to see dark arrows too?
33.gif
34.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Now, I preface this answer with the fact that I''m honestly only guessing, but I always thought that people saw the black arrows in pictures because the camera and lens were black.
3.gif
LOL

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Good point Rascal! LOL I didn''t think about that one.
41.gif

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
The black camera lens certainly does it''s share in making the arrows ( contrast) look darker, but the reason is obscuation, which can be your head or something else blocking the incoming light.

I''ve written this before, but put a colored bad with two "eye holes" poked out of it, and you''ll see the color of the bag in the arrows. Although probably a red bag is most visible a color to use.

Rockdoc

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Rockdoc thanks for posting! I have actually seen what you are talking about quite on accident of course. There was a commercial on TV with a completely red background (I think it was for Special K cereal or something) anyway sitting about 4 feet away from the TV it still lit up the arrows completely red sort of as if I was looking through a H&A viewer...definitely cool!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep, you should be seeing mostly silver...that''s what the facets will normally look like. i''ve said it sooo many times before in the h&a threads...the arrows are silver! i always know when someone has only seen h&a stones in pictures by the statement that shows up here oft...''i don''t like the look of the dark arrows of h&a stones''... it just means to me that they haven''t seen a well cut h&a in person.
2.gif
welcome to the silvery world of h&a princess v! help spread the news
2.gif

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
This may sound dumb, but I have never seen arrows at all in my near hearts and arrows stones. All I can see is sparkle!

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks belle! I was beginning to wonder at myself looking through the galleries everyone has pictures of dark arrows! Silvery arrows are really fun though I don''t think I''d love dark arrows as much! I''m enjoying the arrows so much more now that the setting doesn''t cut off the 4 corner arrow heads!

coda72: I don''t see arrows all the time either but when I do and its in certain lighting..the most I see are 4 to 5 I never see all the arrows at once unless in a h&a viewer!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results