shape
carat
color
clarity

Guy Shopping for a Surprise!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oasis3582

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone-
First off, let me thank you all for the help you give everyone on this site...you all are amazing! I have been surfing around PS for a bit now, but I am at the point where I need to buy, so I am enlisting help. I am going on vacation in early February, and am going to propose to my girlfriend down in Mexico. I can''t wait! However, being that I am surprising her, I am buying the ring on my own off what she has told me (Princess Cut, 1 carat, Platinum Setting). Can anyone help me out with thoughts on these things?

1) What do you guys think about Whiteflash? I am looking around and they have the best deals out there. I am a little worried that they only have a 10-day return policy. Is this flexible to 30 days?

2) Here is what I am thinking for a stone...coupled with a platinum setting, it puts me right around my budget of $6000:

Price: $5,380
Report: GIA
Shape: Princess
Carat: 1.04
Color: E
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 74
Table: 71
Girdle: M-STK
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Medium or Moderate
Measurements: 5.46-5.43X4.02
Length/Width: 1.01

Thanks again for everything!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2006 11:49:28 AM
Author:oasis3582
Hey everyone-
First off, let me thank you all for the help you give everyone on this site...you all are amazing! I have been surfing around PS for a bit now, but I am at the point where I need to buy, so I am enlisting help. I am going on vacation in early February, and am going to propose to my girlfriend down in Mexico. I can't wait! However, being that I am surprising her, I am buying the ring on my own off what she has told me (Princess Cut, 1 carat, Platinum Setting). Can anyone help me out with thoughts on these things?
hey oasis!
35.gif
congratulations on your upcoming engagement and welcome to ps!
36.gif

1) What do you guys think about Whiteflash? I am looking around and they have the best deals out there. I am a little worried that they only have a 10-day return policy. Is this flexible to 30 days?
i have dealt with wf and can recommend them highly. i think you will find that the 10day inspection period is more than enough time to decide whether or not you like the ring. i'm pretty sure that time frame isn't flexible, but i suppose you could always ask!

2) Here is what I am thinking for a stone...coupled with a platinum setting, it puts me right around my budget of $6000:

Price: $5,380
Report: GIA
Shape: Princess
Carat: 1.04
Color: E
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 74
Table: 71
Girdle: M-STK
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Medium or Moderate
Measurements: 5.46-5.43X4.02
Length/Width: 1.01

Thanks again for everything!!!
it looks like it could be very nice. you are on the right track!

best of luck to you oasis.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Oasis,
I agree with belle, looks like it will be a very nice stone indeed. WF has an excellent reputation here. Good luck with the proposal!!!
35.gif

sparkles31

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/9/2006 1:22:50 PM
Author: kaleigh
Hi Oasis,
I agree with belle, looks like it will be a very nice stone indeed. WF has an excellent reputation here. Good luck with the proposal!!!
35.gif
What are other websites that have good reputations?

oasis3582

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the feedback, guys!

Do you know if they can send pics of the ACTUAL diamond instead of the samples? Anyone have experience with their custom work? I''d really like a 3-3.5mm variant of their Tiffany setting...

BSHAW

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/9/2006 1:24:45 PM
Author: sparkles31

What are other websites that have good reputations?
Good old Gold and James Allen are also very good choices along with Whiteflash. I think thoses are the 3 preferred websites for diamond shopping.

BSHAW

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/9/2006 1:27:29 PM
Author: oasis3582

Do you know if they can send pics of the ACTUAL diamond instead of the samples? Anyone have experience with their custom work? I''d really like a 3-3.5mm variant of their Tiffany setting...
If it is not a virtual diamond (meaning they actually have it at there location) they will definitely send you real pics if you are interested just give them a call and they will help you out.

brett16

Rough_Rock
I live close to their store so i was able to check them out in person, but try looking at Goodoldgold

I went last week and bought a square H&A, but also looked at many princesses around the 1ct mark and they looked great. and I think their prices are very similar to WF.

Good luck

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2006 1:27:29 PM
Author: oasis3582

all in stock diamonds are actual photos, unless the diamond is brand new and doesn''t have an actual image up yet.
here is a thread about wf custom rings

oasis3582

Rough_Rock
Thanks, everyone. I just got off the phone with Lesley from Whiteflash, and she was terrific. They located the stone and sent me the GIA cert, and are willing to do a 3mm Tiffany style setting for $525. That puts me right at $6000...my ideal range! I think I am going to do it through Wf...when you consider you are saving $400 on sales tax alone, that is a big consideration! Wish me luck!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for you and you are likely to be delighted with your ring, which you must post pictures of when you get it.

BSHAW

Rough_Rock
Congrats Oasis I am sure she will love it. Good Luck!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck!!! Can''t wait to see the pics!!!
1.gif

oasis3582

Rough_Rock
I will most definitely post some pictures when I get it. I am so excited!

Thanks for everyone''s help!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Oasis, many of us have used Whiteflash. They''re a great company and I would highly recommend them. The quality of the diamond my husband bought from them surpassed our expectations and I''m sure you will find the same. You will never need 10 days to decide, once you see the diamond, you will know there and then. GOOD LUCK and make sure you show us the result.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
how exciting oasis!
36.gif
can''t wait to see it!

oasis3582

Rough_Rock
Can anyone tell me what to look for when they send me the IdealScope images? What about the Sarin report?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results