shape
carat
color
clarity

Guy "in waiting"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

argh&stuff

Shiny_Rock
It was a good time this weekend, again. She asked me several times why I kept looking at her like I was, and why I was saying so many sweet things. Hey, I love her. Can''t help it.

The new ride at Six Flags over Georgia is pretty good, I must say. For not going upside down, it has a lot of thrills. And she loved it, too. Last time we went it was the middle of summer and we stayed all day and she got a little too hot, but this time it wasn''t hot and she had a much better time. And, I have a season pass now (as does she), which was an early birthday present to me. Sweet!!

I did end up telling her some things I''d not planned on this weekend, but it''s okay. I was thinking I''d be able to ask her this past weekend, but well, things happened. She had an odd reaction, was sad, then cried a little bit. Then she said it made her happy to know that I''d been that close, and that it would have been "such a huge surprise," since I told her it wouldn''t happen in April, after all.

Ah... maybe I can still find a way to surprise the girl. We''ll see.

Small

Brilliant_Rock
We are all still wondering about ya Argh but completely understand that you cannot post your specifics now because the element of surprise could be lost
38.gif
Can''t wait to hear when it finally happens and what diamond setting you actually end up with. I hope she is surprised! Good luck Argh. Keep coming around and updating us
1.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Hey Argh,
Surprise or not, it''s going to be an amazing, romantic, and memorable moment for the two of you! I know guys always want it to be a surprise, and I think this is awesome and very cute of guys. But to me it''s the sincerity that matters the most. And I know you are sincere about all of this proposal and marriage stuff, so it''s going to be perfect! I hope you can still work in the surprise too, I''m sure you can! Good luck with it all
1.gif
Can''t wait to hear more
2.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
A little bird told me it''s your birthday today!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, argh!! I hope you are well, and that things are working out on the ring/proposal front! Enjoy your day!
9.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
It''s good to hear that a guy is as excited as we girls get when waiting for the proposal.
35.gif

I just wanted to weigh on the ''living together'' debate. My boyfriend (soon to be fiance) and I have an unfortunate situation; live together, or never see one another.

We live so far apart that the only time we see one another is when one or the other crosses the border and stays for as long as possible. I recently spent three months down there, he is coming up to spend a month with me, before he heads of to Texas for his PhD. Once that happens, we won''t see one another again untill we get married a year from now. Hard stuff.

I don''t believe in the statistics about couples who live together end in divorce can be blamed on the cohabitation-- I think that many couples'' love has a life span of only a few years, resulting in the high divorce rate. If you happen to spend the first few years of that lifespan living together, then the divorce will happen that much more quickly after marriage.

The fact is, if they are the one, they are the one. Living together or waiting until marriage won''t make a jot of difference.

I guess I feel resentful of the judgements his mother makes about us, and about me, because we were ''living in sin''. I wish she''d wake up and remember that her son is still the same MAN (not boy, as she calls him, he''s staring down the barrel of 25!!
38.gif
) he was before we started living together, and that he has not become a cesspit of moral depravity because he fell in love.

If I was some honky wench trying to give her son syphillis, I could understand her hysteria, but I am his match-- as intelligent and capable as he is. My mother is also a Christian, and the wisest woman I have ever known. She looks at us and says "you two make sense". His mother looks at us and thinks "
6.gif
next, he''ll be molesting senoirs and comitting intercourse with dead sheep!
39.gif
"

I can''t help but wonder if she is resistant to the idea of him settling down with someone other than one of the sweet, bovine, simple girls that frequent their church, who will be sure to stay home with all their babies and wait on her son hand and foot.
29.gif
As it is, I am the one who will be travelling all over for work, and he''ll be the one making the warm meal to be ready for me when I get home. As for babies, not going to happen. I suspect he hasn''t broken that to her yet.

I can just tell this woman is going to try to take over my wedding. Passive-aggressiveness and victorian vapours everywhere. I come from a long line of Scots and Irish, and if she thinks she''s going to barrel ME over, she''s going to get a rude surprise!

Whew. Evidently I needed to vent. Sorry everyone! *blush*
32.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2006 4:00:26 PM
Author: Galateia
It''s good to hear that a guy is as excited as we girls get when waiting for the proposal.
35.gif

I just wanted to weigh on the ''living together'' debate. My boyfriend (soon to be fiance) and I have an unfortunate situation; live together, or never see one another.

We live so far apart that the only time we see one another is when one or the other crosses the border and stays for as long as possible. I recently spent three months down there, he is coming up to spend a month with me, before he heads of to Texas for his PhD. Once that happens, we won''t see one another again untill we get married a year from now. Hard stuff.

I don''t believe in the statistics about couples who live together end in divorce can be blamed on the cohabitation-- I think that many couples'' love has a life span of only a few years, resulting in the high divorce rate. If you happen to spend the first few years of that lifespan living together, then the divorce will happen that much more quickly after marriage.

The fact is, if they are the one, they are the one. Living together or waiting until marriage won''t make a jot of difference.

I guess I feel resentful of the judgements his mother makes about us, and about me, because we were ''living in sin''. I wish she''d wake up and remember that her son is still the same MAN (not boy, as she calls him, he''s staring down the barrel of 25!!
38.gif
) he was before we started living together, and that he has not become a cesspit of moral depravity because he fell in love.

If I was some honky wench trying to give her son syphillis, I could understand her hysteria, but I am his match-- as intelligent and capable as he is. My mother is also a Christian, and the wisest woman I have ever known. She looks at us and says ''you two make sense''. His mother looks at us and thinks ''
6.gif
next, he''ll be molesting senoirs and comitting intercourse with dead sheep!
39.gif
''

I can''t help but wonder if she is resistant to the idea of him settling down with someone other than one of the sweet, bovine, simple girls that frequent their church, who will be sure to stay home with all their babies and wait on her son hand and foot.
29.gif
As it is, I am the one who will be travelling all over for work, and he''ll be the one making the warm meal to be ready for me when I get home. As for babies, not going to happen. I suspect he hasn''t broken that to her yet.

I can just tell this woman is going to try to take over my wedding. Passive-aggressiveness and victorian vapours everywhere. I come from a long line of Scots and Irish, and if she thinks she''s going to barrel ME over, she''s going to get a rude surprise!

Whew. Evidently I needed to vent. Sorry everyone! *blush*
32.gif
Bovine women and sheep. LMAO. I''m sorry honey. My mother is insane... and so is my FMIL. different types of insanity... but both are crazy as loons. Yes, she will try to take over your wedding. My FMIL didn''t think that wearing a strapless gown was proper... and a whole lot of other things... fortunately, Fi has no problem telling her that she doesn''t have a say in things. And really, that''s your only hope. Your FI has to be the one to tell her where to get off... it''s his job, when the wedding mightmares start to step in and take his mother DOWN.

He took his mother down for the first wedding when she went insane. Just cancelled the sucker instead of dealing with her. I cancelled the second when my mother went insane. And now... they ar both appropriately terrified of us and don''t make a peep when we tell them we don''t want kids, we will be getting married in 2007 or anything. His mother started fussing about the cruise idea being expensive for those who want to attend. Fi just looked at her and said, "they don''t have to come." and she hasn''t said a word since.
11.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Hey there argh how have YOU been doing? I know I don''t chime in on this thread much but I do read it! We have missed you since your lovely girl has been around. Not that we want to get rid of her either! No we want to keep the both of you! Just been wondering how things have been going for you and the car and on your side of the fence.
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results