shape
carat
color
clarity

Guess the Puppy !!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lisamarie84

Shiny_Rock
My guess is Bichon, but I really hope they adopt a puppy from a shelter!
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 10:09:28 PM
Author: lisamarie84
My guess is Bichon, but I really hope they adopt a puppy from a shelter!
9.gif
There are many Bichons that need rescuing.
12.gif
PA has tons of them, puppy mills and the like.
15.gif

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 6:23:43 PM
Author: Matata
I'm hoping they go to the Humane Society or another type of animal shelter to adopt a mixed breed.

Actually, I just heard that is exactly what they plan to do!
36.gif

I love DOGS!!!

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 6:23:43 PM
Author: Matata
I''m hoping they go to the Humane Society or another type of animal shelter to adopt a mixed breed.
Ditto. I''m a big mutt lover.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish people would just....let them get a dog. I suppose it''s a given now that they can''t go to the john without the analysis of what it means or the message it sends. Sigh.

To be really politically correct, they need to save a shelter kitten too....(I know, I know: they''re probably allergic to cats...)

Duke, our black lab, is rooting for a black lab. He''s pretty predictable that way...
2.gif

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
How about a pitbull? LOL.

Okay, sorry, I just had too. It''s too funny not too.
31.gif
And if you can''t laugh, what can you do?

tenfour

Shiny_Rock
some of my friends have very lovable pitbulls. people have a lot of misconceptions about the breed. it''s unfortunate.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 9:37:08 AM
Author: goobear78
How about a pitbull? LOL.

Okay, sorry, I just had too. It''s too funny not too.
31.gif
And if you can''t laugh, what can you do?

I supply the lipstick.
9.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/6/2008 10:10:08 AM
Author: tenfour
some of my friends have very lovable pitbulls. people have a lot of misconceptions about the breed. it's unfortunate.
I think goobear was just making a joke about Palin's silly analogy to a pitbull with lipstick.

I agree that the misconceptions are very unfortunate to pitbulls and related breeds. It would be nice if they adopted a pitbull, but I think it unlikely.

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 10:27:10 AM
Author: Loves Vintage

some of my friends have very lovable pitbulls. people have a lot of misconceptions about the breed. it's unfortunate.

I think goobear was just making a joke about Palin's silly analogy to a pitbull with lipstick.

I agree that the misconceptions are very unfortunate to pitbulls and related breeds. It would be nice if they adopted a pitbull, but I think it unlikely.

Exactly. It was just a silly joke. I'm known some wonderful pitbulls and some not so great ones. Same as any breed. I do think they get a bad rap than most, but I also think some have been breed and raised badly.

But I LOVE ALL DOGS!!! I'm kinda dog crazy!
3.gif
And whatever dog the Obama's choose will be super cute I'm sure!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 6:17:05 PM
Author: trillionaire
I guess/suggest a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Such regal and elegant dogs. They are intelligent, loyal, slightly aloof. Sounds like Obama. And they are from Zimbabwe! African Lion-hunting dogs. They should get a Ridgeback from Ridgeback Rescue!

SO''s uncle has a rhodesian ridgeback and he is VERY regal... I always feel like I"m in the presence of aristocracy when I''m sitting next to him on the couch lol

Apsara

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 10:05:52 PM
Author: diamondfan
I think he will NOT get a pedigreed dog. I feel he might go to a shelter and or rescue a pedigreed dog from a rescue organization. He might view it as elitist on one hand to get a pure bred puppy. Rescue, sure, mongrel, sure. That is just my view.

PS: I did NOT read any of the answers to this prior to my post.
While the denotation of "mongrel" may be simply a dog of mixed breed, its connotation is hugely negative. It is a word to be avoided in reference to any living thing.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Whatever they get, they should name it "Maverick"!

31.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 12:15:42 PM
Author: Apsara
Date: 11/5/2008 10:05:52 PM

I think he will NOT get a pedigreed dog. I feel he might go to a shelter and or rescue a pedigreed dog from a rescue organization. He might view it as elitist on one hand to get a pure bred puppy. Rescue, sure, mongrel, sure. That is just my view.

PS: I did NOT read any of the answers to this prior to my post.

While the denotation of ''mongrel'' may be simply a dog of mixed breed, its connotation is hugely negative. It is a word to be avoided in reference to any living thing.

While I thank you for your lesson, I know many dog breeders and vets and have heard the terms used before. I did not intend it in anyway other than mutt or Heinz 57 variety, a non pure bred animal.

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 3:10:36 PM
Author: trillionaire
Whatever they get, they should name it ''Maverick''!

31.gif

You betcha!
31.gif
(sorry, couldn''t resist - it''s just too easy! LOL)

tenfour

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 10:39:24 AM
Author: goobear78
Date: 11/6/2008 10:27:10 AM

Author: Loves Vintage

some of my friends have very lovable pitbulls. people have a lot of misconceptions about the breed. it''s unfortunate.

I think goobear was just making a joke about Palin''s silly analogy to a pitbull with lipstick.

Exactly. It was just a silly joke. I''m known some wonderful pitbulls and some not so great ones. Same as any breed. I do think they get a bad rap than most, but I also think some have been breed and raised badly.

But I LOVE ALL DOGS!!! I''m kinda dog crazy!
3.gif
And whatever dog the Obama''s choose will be super cute I''m sure!

my biggest apologies to you!! i am a) a canadian who completely tuned out palin, and b) a resident of ontario where there is a pit bull ban legislation. the joke went over my head and i have grown accustomed to defending the breed around here. it was a great joke and i am sorry i didn''t get it.

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
No worries Tenfour!
1.gif
And I too have been totally put off by Palin!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
It''s going to be sweet to have kids in the White House again. Those girls are adorable
21.gif

We haven''t had little kids there since Kennedy and Carter.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think his girls are beautiful.

I knew he would not do a purebred puppy. No way. He could pick a breed and rescue one, that would also be nice, but shelters are full of puppies and dogs and I think it is nice that he is going to save one. I think mutts often make the best pets of all.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/6/2008 6:15:34 PM
I think his girls are beautiful.

I knew he would not do a purebred puppy. No way. He could pick a breed and rescue one, that would also be nice, but shelters are full of puppies and dogs and I think it is nice that he is going to save one. I think mutts often make the best pets of all.
DFan, I couldn''t agree more! Two of our three dogs are mutts, and they are both FABULOUS!!!
16.gif

And I''m thrilled to hear that the Obamas are adopting a rescue/shelter dog! Good for them!
36.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for them! Cookie has been with a new family for a few days. This thread reminds me that I have to update my thread in Hangout about him.

Deborah
34.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought a pitbull named "palin".

But I could really see them with a bichon.

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 5:45:21 PM
Author: purrfectpear
It''s going to be sweet to have kids in the White House again. Those girls are adorable
21.gif

We haven''t had little kids there since Kennedy and Carter.

I though the same thing. Obama''s girls are so so so cute!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s lovely that they are going to adopt a dog. I think it is completely inappropriate that they have been politically pressured to do so. All of the other presidential families were able to pick their dog without the input of the public, and the Obama''s should too. I find it very irritating.
29.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
My guess is a poodle mix. I have a schnoodle (poodle/schauzer) who is hypoallergenic and very smart and cute.

My best mix is either a Goldendoodle or a Labradoodle.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
I was going to say rescue pug (I mean, how can you not resist a little fella like ours) but then I read that they need a hypo-allergenic dog. What about a maltese? We had one for 16 years, and he was the bossiest brat around, but oh so cute.

Our boys are rescues and I will never EVER have anything but rescue furkids. I commend the Obamas for making a responsible decision and saving a life!

I guess the only downside to getting a purebred rescue is that the breed may become super popular and unscrupulous breeders would continue the vicious cycle - because let''s face it, people will still go to breeders even if Obama rescues. I think I hope he gets a mutt rescue for that reason.

PoleyPSPumpkin.JPG

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope the get a shelter dog too ... but if they can''t find a hypoallergenic one then I''d understand that too. The health of their little girl is ultimately more important to them *personally* ... no matter how powerful an opportunity it is for a pro-shelter-dog-mutt message *globally*.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results