shape
carat
color
clarity

Grunberger''s Was Talking About the HCA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter''s retainers, which she had wrapped in a napkin, were thrown out from her school cafeteria last week. We had to make an "emergency" visit to Connecticut so that she could have her orthodontist take impressions for new ones.

I stopped in at my local, Connecticut jeweler''s (Grunberger''s) because they had been holding a bracelet for me. When the owner, Jim, came up to me and asked why a diamond (for which he showed me the specs) would not be considered "ideal", I wasn''t sure. I do not pay much attention to numbers or angles, but I thought the table (at 59) looked a little big. My friend, Mona, said the depth was the "problem". She had a card on which ideal proportions were written.

Jim (the owner) asked me about something-I didn''t understand the word-and I thought I was in over my head. It turned out Jim was trying to say, "Tolkowsky"! That word I knew! At any rate, the next thing I heard was discussion among the three jewelers about the "HCA" and "Holloway"! (When I was brand new to diamonds, I bought some stones from Jim. He was of the 60/60 school, as was everyone else, back then. More recently, when I discussed ideal cuts with him he said the table on those stones just looked too small to him.)

At any rate, even Grunberger''s is now discussing the HCA, which Mona described as an alternative way of determining the cut.

Grunberger''s is a fabulous jewelery store. They found me the best tanzanite of anyone I consulted when I was looking for colored stones. Their custom work is impeccable. I had never thought I would see them discussing what an ideal cut was, let alone the HCA, however!! Congratulations on making your mark on Connecticut, Garry!!!

Deborah
34.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Cool!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kewl
but...

are you sure you want Garry to read this ,,, his ego might explode his head.

hehehehe j/k ya Garry.

Congrates!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results