shape
carat
color
clarity

Grrrrr.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I never wanted kids until I met my BF. He seems to have "daddy" written on his forehead or something b/c he loves kids and is a big kid at heart. When we first started dating, he was over one day, and I could hear him singing in the bathroom, and I just thought when our kids are at that ackward pre-teen phase, they will be so embarrassed if he does when their friends are over.

I also had a dysfunctional family growing up, and my mom has mental issues, so I was always afraid, but someone told me that with all the things I can't stand about my family, it will definitely make me a good mother, b/c I'll do my best to be the best for them.

And one more thing...I will definitely do a C section...I've heard too many scary things about what actually happens below the belt during the birthing process.

And No kids before 30 for sure!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Apple, I used to also feel that way about C-section until a few years ago when my sister started trying to get pregnant. She has two now, and her first was an emergency C-section. (She was able to have a VBAC--vaginal birth after caesarean--with her 2nd.) Anyway, perhaps it''s different w/ a scheduled c-section, but my sister had a terrible experience--it is actually a much longer recovery time vs. a normal delivery, more trauma to the body, she was in a lot more pain, felt like she''d been kind of deprived of the experience, etc. I mean, there is a LOT of scary stuff (episiotomy, etc.) associated with the "usual way" but as I''m older and my friends start to have kids, the more I realize that C-section has its own downfalls as well (Although yes, yes, YES, normal delivery sounds scary as hell. I think the key is to have an ob/midwife that you absolutely trust--My sister actually changed ob''s in her 8th month w/ her second b/c she just didn''t feel that they were on the same page and she was so happy she did.)

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
yep. I totally agree with you, blueroses. C-sect is major surgery. Very painful and slow recovery. My girlfriend had one last year (she tried for natural but it wasn''t happening). When she got home with her newborn, she found it very awkward to care for her new baby (navigating stairs was so very painful etc).

On the other hand, my best friend just had her baby on Saturday (Miss Lily Isabel
12.gif
). She had a vaginal delivery with just 2 hours of labor (first child). NO drugs either...pretty amazing. I think I''d chicken out and go for the drugs...but then maybe not...

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Wow lovey, 2 hours and no drugs? For a firstborn child? I hope I am as fortunate as your best friend!! All this talk makes me think I should push back my timeline another year or two...

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
I know. My friend had amazing luck. She also keeps herself in great shape..she stopped running while she was pregnant, but she walked a bunch and did yoga for moms 3 times a week. I''m sorry if I''m rambling, I''m just so proud of her!
9.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Lovey! That is great to hear about your friend!!!

I can''t wait to have kids. I have three nieces and we are currently visiting with them... we had lunch at school the other day with two of them (the other is still in Montessori) and it was so much fun. I can''t wait to be a mom. As for delivery! Whatever happens, happens. I will proudly and "bravely" go through labor or C-section for them... it is a labor of love...it is a sacrifice for what they will give me in return. Don''t get me wrong... I am sure that it doesn''t ALWAYS feel like a blessing to have kids...but it truly is..and I can''t wait to raise my little ones...even if I have to raise *yikes* one like myself!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results