shape
carat
color
clarity

Grossular Garnet Asscher!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2009 11:44:43 AM
Author: Gailey

Date: 9/11/2009 11:19:22 PM
Author: loriken214
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!! I truly value your opinions.....
36.gif

Peter sent an email showing was he was listing. Just let him know that you want to be on his mailing list.

I''m getting my asscher collection together for a group photo.
9.gif

Gailey....what did you get????

Lori
emteeth.gif
Oh, Gailey - I knew you were asking about that one! It''s REALLY gorgeous!!!! Congrats!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2009 11:47:29 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier

36.gif

Peter sent an email showing was he was listing. Just let him know that you want to be on his mailing list.

9.gif

Lori
emteeth.gif
Oh, Gailey - I knew you were asking about that one! It''s REALLY gorgeous!!!! Congrats!
Thanks Lauren. I''ve got a huge admission to make which will shock the asscher lovers to the core, but I prefer the square emerald cut to the asscher (no windmills). There''s just something about that balanced symmetry that blows me away every time I see one. Ellen''s aqua being the one that had the most profound effect on me. Tell me Lauren, how did you know I was enquiring about the stone? Did you want it too honey? I hear we are lucky it saw light of day at all. Mrs T liked it too!

Lori, back to your garnet. I am really anxious to hear about what you see in your stone, colour, dispersion, sparkle etc. What are you going to do with your stone?

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOO HOO....Gailey....I''m SO excited that you got this one!!!!
36.gif
I loved it, too, but couldn''t afford it right now.

What are you going to do with it????

I have SO many pretty gemstones in my collection and they are all in their little boxes just staring at me. If only I had an unlimited budget and lots of fingers..... No clue what to do with this stone!
4.gif

Lori

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2009 11:57:31 AM

Date: 9/12/2009 11:47:29 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier

36.gif

9.gif

Lori
emteeth.gif
Thanks Lauren. I''ve got a huge admission to make which will shock the asscher lovers to the core, but I prefer the square emerald cut to the asscher (no windmills). There''s just something about that balanced symmetry that blows me away every time I see one. Ellen''s aqua being the one that had the most profound effect on me. Tell me Lauren, how did you know I was enquiring about the stone? Did you want it too honey? I hear we are lucky it saw light of day at all. Mrs T liked it too!

Lori, back to your garnet. I am really anxious to hear about what you see in your stone, colour, dispersion, sparkle etc. What are you going to do with your stone?
Hehe, you posted in here about one that *stone* needed "confirmation" on, and I just KNEW it was that Tsav when I originally saw it. Mrs. T has great taste - and so do you!!!! You''re lucky I just bought a grossular garnet asscher from Gene, and I''m currently focused on finding a good elongated cushion red spinel right now, or I''d have been on that list, too.
2.gif

I like windmills, but I can certainly see the attraction of more carre looking square emerald styles. That tsav is so pretty, and I know you''ll take wondeful pics when you get it!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW both stones look lovely ladies.

Obviously his web site doesn''t even get some stones before they''re snatched up by the people on his email!
6.gif

Congrats!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Oh Lori, you make me giggle. I can''t afford it either Honey. I''ve got a 5 stone BGD ring coming, a 36" strand of Freshadamas (OK, haven''t actually ordered them yet) and so many setting projects, it''s getting silly.

But I saw it and I just knew I had to have it from the get-go.

I''m thinking classic 3 stone, but with a twist. Still mulling ideas over at the moment. What about a spess either side? We''ll see.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Gailey, I''ve got asschers hidden all over my house! DH has no idea what treasures are in our house!
9.gif

I''m ordering a tripod so I can finally take photos with my digi camera and stop using my crappy cell phone to take photos.

I''ve only set ONE of my asschers, a pink tourmaline, and I wasn''t really excited with the way it turned out...it has since been sold. I''m kinda gun shy now....

I can''t wait to see what you do with your awesome tsav!!!!
30.gif

Lori

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gailey,
What’s that one? Looks like a very bright stone with an eye catching colour. Nice carre cut too.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Chrono, it''s a tsav from Peter''s latest release. Can''t wait to see it. If it looks on the light side, I''ll bezel it. If not, then not sure. I need to see if it''s more of a blue or yellow green, before I decide how to set it. If it''s on the yellow side, maybe a spess either side. If it''s on the blue side, diamonds probably, once I''ve found some funds.

Lori, atta girl! As far as husbands go, gems are on a "need to know" basis, right! Mr Gailey has yet to find out about my BGD! Too much gem knowledge is not good for him!

I''m sorry your setting projects didn''t turn out the way you would have liked. I can appreciate being gun shy. I''m like that too, especially when you factor in the cross border thing. Canuk-gal wonders why I don''t use more Canadian craftsmen.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
The stone just arrived and all I can say is WOW!!! This beauty is just like a warm colored diamond! You should see the color flashes it throws...I''m SO in love with this pretty....it is one of my most favorite gemstones EVER!
30.gif

Peter''s photo DOES not do it justice!

I need to send it to Freke so she can take great photos of it....Liz is a pro photographer.
9.gif

Lori

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stones! Can''t wait to see what they look like set!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
What is the hardness of these garnets? Would they do OK in a ring?

Lori

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results