shape
carat
color
clarity

Grey''s Fall 07 Premiere

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
So....it seemed there were a lot of people anticipating this the other day....what did you think?

I....didn''t like it so much. Didn''t hate it, but didn''t love it. I did tear up when the guy with the head/spinal cord detachment was blinking to his family though.
39.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
15.gif
I was a little dissapointed..

I had been anxiously waiting for this episode and it just didn''t meet expectations...but like Izzie said "adjust your expectations"...lol

I thought it was a little slow...I also was missing Burke and Adisson
8.gif

I''m not going to give up on it though...I still
emlove.gif
Grey''s!!!

M~

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2007 2:53:27 PM
Author: Mandarine
15.gif
I was a little dissapointed..

I had been anxiously waiting for this episode and it just didn''t meet expectations...but like Izzie said ''adjust your expectations''...lol

I thought it was a little slow...I also was missing Burke and Adisson
8.gif
Totally agree! Even though I think Isaah Washington is a total jerk, the show is missing something without him. And Meredith''s sister just isn''t fitting perfectly for me. I''m also not sure how I feel about the whole George/Izzie thing...but I did like all of the injury story lines! Even the deer!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I saw part of it, saw the beginning and end, missed the middle. And I also missed the last part of last season. That said, I thought the episode was okay. I did miss Burke and Addison as well. For some reason the George and Izzie storyline doesn't appeal to me. It was nice to see last season's interns boss around the new interns. Each of the main characters has a different management style, which i like. Although this particular episode wasn't that earth shaking, I'll try and stick with GA this time around....

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Right...I missed Burke, not who he is in real life...lol...but I did like his character!!!

M~

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I liked Burke a lot but I think he kind of deserved what he got.

As far as Izzie and George, I just don''t find it believable that someone like her would be in love with him. He is too wishy washy.

Stupid Tivo cut off the end so I don''t know what happened between Izzie and George.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
He just showed up at her door and when she opened he said in his whimpy voice:

"I...love you too"

She didn''t say antyhing, just looked at him straight faced and it ended. On the preview for next week he says something about having to tell his wife that the marriage is over...or something. I think Dr. Torres is pregnant though!

M~

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I liked it. it wasn''t THE BEST EPIDSODE EVER, but it was entertaining enough for me. I missed addison and burke too. especially when they needed her for the pregnant gal
39.gif
it''s still my favorite show though....

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here was my take...

I don''t like the new people, including Meredith''s sister. The actress seemed like she was *trying* to act like Meredith and show some family resemblance in terms of quirkiness. But I wasn''t buying.

I really hate the Izzy/George storyline. He married Callie, and has never *really* given it a chance. He was obsessed with Meredith forever - now all of a sudden he''s in love with Izzy? And she just happened to get over Denny so fast? Seems kinda forced.

McDreamy gave his whole speech about how Meredith is damaged, how she ''wants'' a relationship but doesn''t know how to have it, and to give her some slack. Well, isn''t it about time she figures out that she''s in control of her life rather than be a leaf blowing in the wind? It''s ridiculous that just because things didn''t work out for Burke and Christina, that now she thinks her relationship is doomed as well so she''s just going to end it. Particularly now that Addison and McDreamy are divorced and Addison is gone.

I thought Mark''s speech to McDreamy about him coming to Seattle to get their friendship back was a crock of crap! He said the same thing to Addison when he got there about coming to get her back.

What I liked:
I loved that all the new attendings gave the SAME SPEECH that Bailey gave to them. It cracked me up so much.
I loved everything about Bailey''s character in the episode.
I loved Izzy''s speech at the end to her interns, where she basically told them off for being judgmental primadonnas and that they aren''t shining stars either.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
meh...wasn''t great, wasn''t lousy either.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I liked it. I did miss Addison and Burke though. I think I'll take me while to get used the old interns being residents and not interns. I really liked the end when George told Izzie he loves her too but I felt bad for Callie. I was surprised. Maybe Callie will be pregnant and she needs to tell George and at the same time George needs to tell her it's over. That would be sad. I like Lexie. That will be a very interesting storyline.

I am so glad this show is back! McDreamy was hot hot hot! I've missed my eye candy.
30.gif
I love this show. I love all the characters and the writing.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Love McDreamy too...he''s just so dreamy!!!.

Which brings me to a little question for you fans...

Mc Dreamy or Mc Steamy?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2007 4:53:07 PM

Mc Dreamy or Mc Steamy?
Ugh... I think McDreamy is the worst!
14.gif
2.gif

I honestly disliked the episode. My sister got me hooked last spring, but I don''t think it''s going to stick...

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
With all of its flaws, I still puffy heart Grey''s
3.gif
I do wish that Addison and Burke were still in the cast. I really think that George and Izzie are just silly. Shonda cannot convince me that those two have suddenly "found" each other. Blech
14.gif

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
This has yet to air in Australia but I''m loving the spoilers! I never did buy the romance between George and Izzy. The chemistry between them is too ''buddy-buddy'' to be romantic and I was pretty grossed out when they slept together. To me, it would have been like sleeping with my brother (if I had one)!

I''m so sad to hear Addison won''t be in the next season. She''s my favourite character. I hope the season picks up a bit and wins audiences over again.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Our Tivo conked out 1/2 thru...so please induldge me a little info on my favorite character:

Did Bailey and the Chief ever discuss why she didn''t get chief resident?

I love Bailey, and if the 1/2 half of this epi is any indication, I will have to love her in my memory, cuz I''m about to give up on this show.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We really liked it but after a while it bugged me that all the new residents were so bossy to the new interns. I know why they did it (they have to pay their dues I suppose) but it didn''t seemk to fit everyone''s personalities. I always thought Burke was wooden, so I''m kind of glad they moved his character off the show. I really thought George and Lexi would hook up, and it would have been interesting to see where that would have taken them. Having said that, I do like Izzie and George together, although I''m not sure it''s totally believeable. Why does everyone hate Callie so much? She seems a little strange and not suited for George but I don''t think she''s as bad as everyone thinks. I also think she might be pregnant. I think it''s more the actress than the character herself that I''m not crazy about.

I miss Chris O''Donnell''s character and I wish he''d come back. The drama between Derek and Meredith had to end at some point, so it will be interesting to see what happens to them now that they broke up. I know they''ll end up together again though (they always do).

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/28/2007 4:53:07 PM

Mc Dreamy or Mc Steamy?
Neither....Give me McVet! Choosing McDreamy over McVet was the biggest mistake Meredith has ever made.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2007 10:41:35 AM
Author: jas
Our Tivo conked out 1/2 thru...so please induldge me a little info on my favorite character:

Did Bailey and the Chief ever discuss why she didn''t get chief resident?

I love Bailey, and if the 1/2 half of this epi is any indication, I will have to love her in my memory, cuz I''m about to give up on this show.
Yes - the Chief said that Bailey was an excellent surgeon and belonged in the OR instead of pushing papers around all day and keeping track of a bunch of people''s schedules. He said that one day she would thank him for it. But at the moment she didn''t look like she was buying it.
2.gif

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
I didn''t love it...I too miss Addison! She was my favorite character. I''m soooo over Meredith/Derek and their drama. But I do love Izzie/George, although I feel bad for Callie, ( I know she is gonna say she''s pregnant). I''m gonna hang in there. I still love Grey''s!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results