shape
carat
color
clarity

Green Lake Jewelry Works and Joseph Jewelry Visit Report

JewelPhenom

Rough_Rock
I had a similar experience with GL, Chrono, though you may have made it further than I in your discussions. The designer provided a very simple drawing of an idea with a promise to provide a CAD soon.

A long chat explaining what was envisioned, followed by emails from me requesting status with no response. Price was not an issue and they had the specs on the gem which should have garnered some interest.

I moved on and did not give them a second thought.
Enjoy Seattle, it is a beautiful city!

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks lady D for the great explanations. Up til now I didn't even know that those big blocks of metal with the pointy ends are called anvils :oops:

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no, big mistake!
That's what I first thought believing your thread was heading in the direction of you about to go with Green Lake for your project, because apart from the pricing my impression is that you didn't seem to have a good connection with them. I like the bricky look of their workshop though, and I love the (copper?) drawers on under the wax machine.

I can't imagine you get asked often, if at all, what colour your skin is...
.."and what is your skin colour please ma'am?"
"Rose gold"

I look forward to following this project, Chrono.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
So pleased to see that you've been busy on this and had a sufficiently pleasing visit with JJ to engage them for your project!

Both visits must have been super interesting (from the photos) and thank you for the lovely detailed reports of your visits and impressions. I'm very pleased also that the JJ quote was more palatable than the GL one.

Thanks also to Lady D for the detailed explanations - fascinating reading.

Hoooweeee!!!! We have lift off with this ring - can't wait to see the progress reports :))

Sorry I'm late to the thread but I've had to take a break from PS due to other commitments which aren't going to let up for the next couple of weeks so my comments will be sparse for a while. And no, I didn't use CAD software LOL! Those pix were cobbled together with Gimp :shock:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting to be moving forward! I am glad that your experience at JJ was good and I will have to look them up next time in Seattle area. So anxious to see this happen! :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady D,
Thank you for sharing your expertise in these tools. You spent a lot of time detailing everything and I don't want such information to get lost. When I have the time and since I have the full sized pictures, I will create a new thread and retype your posts. I will post a picture of the specific tool you wrote about, then follow up with the name, function and description.

NKOTB,
I remember your GL garnet ring. I'm glad you had a good experience with them though. Perhaps she's not the right person for me to work with.

KLewis,
I wanted to be fair to GL too; I love the look of their store. It is very cozy and warm, yet luxurious at the same time but like you, the biggest draw for me is their gorgeous workshop. :love: I don't think the drawers are copper but a shiny chrome silver. The sunlight on the drawers made them look coppery in my photograph.

Starzin,
Life has made it extremely difficult for me to check in on PS these past few weeks. Often times, I barely have the time to read a handful of posts and no time to write any decent responses at all. Glad you could pop in for a bit. :wavey:

Hope the others here would have the same opportunity to visit the lovely Seattle, GreenLake and Joseph Jewelry as well. You will not regret it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results