shape
carat
color
clarity

Great Stones from Gene at PrecisionGems!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well I am going to share some more cool gems I have received through pricescope.
Gene from precision gems cutting in my opinion is awesome. I purchased a couple stones from him this summer.

Here they are….Both are tourmaline…

37.gif

1st is a Rubellite Tourmaline - 0.72 ct. A Portuguese round gem from Nigeria.
2nd a Rubellite Tourmaline - 1.69 ct. from Nigeria
The first stone has a nice color and purplish hue to it and is very clean and with a Potruguese cut.
For those interested it can be a very time consuming cut with lots of facets...

The second stone is included, but the color IMHO is outstanding and the cutting on both is amazing.

I am catching up on Kudos..So thank you Gene for some nice gems. Gene is fast, friendly and guarantees his cutting. I took 2 shots of the 2nd stone crown down to give you an idea of the nice saturation of this stone, despite the inclusions…

portugese tourmaline1.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
2nd...

164toumaline.jpg

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, the color of those is beautiful!

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
W-O-W! *jaw-dropped*

So gorgeous & great cut! More pics! hehe

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t wait to own a stone from Gene.
Those are simply stunning. The color is gorgeous!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
the sat. does look good..I love that color too!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Josh,
I can’t believe you’ve been holding back these stones. Are there anymore around?
31.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous stones! I hope to own one of Gene''s pieces someday. Glad that you are back to this forum. I have seen some of your older posts and known you to be a knowledgeable member, welcome back!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rubellites. Those stones from Gene make my heart go pitty-pat.
30.gif

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
VERY lovely, Josh.

Gene''s cuts are amazing. I''ve seen a few, and I have a few, and they''re top-notch.
30.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Stones!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/24/2009 1:44:22 PM
Author: simplysplendid
Gorgeous stones! I hope to own one of Gene''s pieces someday. Glad that you are back to this forum. I have seen some of your older posts and known you to be a knowledgeable member, welcome back!
SimplySplendid:

Thanks for the welcome back...I have missed the forum immensely.

I see Leonid and irina are no longer with us but the new mods seem really neat and knowledgeable about which direction the forum is going in. I know Leo and Irina took their time in picking new mods b4 their departure with this in mind.

We moved in 2005 and bought a house and Regina''s mom passed away suddenly of an aneurism, so in dealing with life I put the forum aside.
I missed everyone though and there are many great new folks here too. It was nice to see Storm and Mara and the rest of the gang still around too.

Thanks Again!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Josh, one of my favorite cuts of his is the PGStar 80 and variants (modified PGStar 80 design seen here on this hot pink/red Mahenge spinel).

He certainly works magic at the wheel.
1.gif

Mahenge spinel Red-Hot Pink 1.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alj,
So you are the one who bought the Mahenge?
31.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are real beauties.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
They''re lovely!!!!!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Chrono, this actually isn''t the most recent Mahenge that appeared on his blog. That one (#910) was somewhat smaller and cut into a style of RB.

This one (#897) appeared a few weeks prior and is a bit bigger at 1.64 ct and 7.5mm. If that''s the one you meant, then guilty as charged.
31.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, that’s the one I’m referring to – I saw it a few weeks ago in his blog. What’s your opinion of it?

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 3:51:54 PM
Author: Chrono
Yup, that’s the one I’m referring to – I saw it a few weeks ago in his blog. What’s your opinion of it?
Honestly, I'm blown away. The color is like nothing I've ever seen before - vibrant hot pink and red and so crazy in direct light that it's hard to get the camera to autofocus from all the intense light return.

It gets even more intriguing in low light conditions because it truly glows - I think of it as an "ET stone". It reminds me of hot coals burning as a summer night comes to a close; you don't realize how they're glowing until it gets dark out, and then they seem lit from within.

The only bummer is that the camera just cannot seem to capture how it glows like that, so photographing is best done in more light. Of the below collage, the picture to the left is most closely representative of its true life color. It's like a hot carnation pink bordering on red.

897 Mahenge collage.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2009 9:58:24 PM
Author: Allison D.

Date: 8/25/2009 3:51:54 PM
Author: Chrono
Honestly, I''m blown away. The color is like nothing I''ve ever seen before - vibrant hot pink and red and so crazy in direct light that it''s hard to get the camera to autofocus from all the intense light return.

It gets even more intriguing in low light conditions because it truly glows - I think of it as an ''ET stone''. It reminds me of hot coals burning as a summer night comes to a close; you don''t realize how they''re glowing until it gets dark out, and then they seem lit from within.

The only bummer is that the camera just cannot seem to capture how it glows like that, so photographing is best done in more light. Of the below collage, the picture to the left is most closely representative of its true life color. It''s like a hot carnation pink bordering on red.
Beautiful, amazing color, Allison! Gorgeous!
36.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful Josh!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results