shape
carat
color
clarity

great asscher #''''s (i hope)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jbone411

Rough_Rock
Asscher (sq. cut emerald)
6.50 x 6.36 x 4.26
Blue Nile cut grade: very good
Depth: 67%
Table: 55%
Crown: 17%
Color: E
Clarity: VVS2
1.62 carats
Sym: VG
Polish: EX
Girdle: Slightly Thick-Thick
Culet: None
Flor: Med Blue
$11800
----

Knowing that to properly grade and Asscher it must be seen, how do these numbers look? Got this bad boy on hold and planning on pulling the trigger Friday. you think it's worth taking a shot and returning if it barks? All input welcome good/bad/otherwise (Where are you storm?
10.gif
)

edit: should also be noted that i live in philly and was planning to take it to dave over at AGA if i decide to order it. also, my gf wants the classic style asscher.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Like you said, numbers don''t mean much, but it will probably look pretty off square give those measurements. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

jbone411

Rough_Rock
that''s a ratio of 1:1.02 -- i was under the impression that was within acceptable parameters. No?

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I guess <2mm wouldn't be that easy to see. I don't know. I have just been anal about all that
19.gif
. I hope you can post pics when you see it!

ETA: Ooops I meant .2mm. I guess this proves that I shouldn't post at all when I am sleep deprived and studying for a micro exam
7.gif

jasontb

Shiny_Rock
I''d say that''s pretty square. Here''s a square with those dimensions for you to see it''s ''squareness''

junk11117yp.jpg

jasontb

Shiny_Rock
Even better. One of the square below is 6.36x6.36 the other is 6.5x6.36 can you tell which is which?

junk22226nr.jpg

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
The one on the left looks off square to my bf and I. Sorry I said it though. I guess it really isn''t a big deal I was just going off of what I have been looking for. Sorry.

jbone411

Rough_Rock
lol i think the one on the right is off-square. guess that kind of proves your point jasontb.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
jbone,
Storm should be around shortly to comment. He knows these stones inside and out. Hang in there till he responds. I go by pics more than numbers but he can tell you how the numbers look so far.
2.gif

jbone411

Rough_Rock
just the man i''ve been waiting for, thanks kaleigh! if storm thinks the numbers justify taking a look i''ll get it and post pics to decide whether to keep it or not.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2006 9:26:36 PM
Author: jbone411
just the man i''ve been waiting for, thanks kaleigh! if storm thinks the numbers justify taking a look i''ll get it and post pics to decide whether to keep it or not.
Yup, he''s your man. He helped me pick out mine and it''s awesome.
2.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
.14 off should be ok on that size diamond.
It looks like it has potentual.
One of the PS vendors may be able to get it in for pictures and save you a few bucks at the same time when you buy it.

jbone411

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/14/2006 9:56:35 PM
Author: strmrdr
.14 off should be ok on that size diamond.

It looks like it has potentual.

One of the PS vendors may be able to get it in for pictures and save you a few bucks at the same time when you buy it.

thanks much, storm! your post sent chills down my spine-- this could be THE one. i''ll update when i have pics/dave''s report-- thanks again. been lurking awhile and thoroughly enjoy your posts (which i used to pic out this stone).

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
While the squares are good they dont reflect what happens with asschers if they get off square.
The whole patterns get off and its more visible.
At that size .14 should be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results