shape
carat
color
clarity

Graduating taper 5 stone demantoid garnet ring, design help please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Forgive the off center bottom stone. But here's a 2 tone version of it in WG w/ Yellow Gold bezels. Hopefully your jeweler is better at setting than I am at centering my mouse :) Paint is a primitive but quick instrument.

Actually, if you tilt the image 90 degrees, it looks more like the star orientation that Ma Re was talking about. And I have to admit I think it looks better that way.

PS: I have been lusting after that Diana Vincent setting since I saw it in the store. But it's 4k!

art deco 5 stone 2tone.JPG

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Chrono very true about Van Craeynest, but on Claypot I see they are selling the chased flower setting for $2k or so, not sure if they'll sell it without a centre stone.

MSteve very nice pendant!

LB thank you for the drawing, I've made previous attempts at drawing on the computer and it's so difficut. I love the bypass ring, but $4k is too exy for me.
9.gif
I love the vintage look but I think I want to go with a graduated design for this one.

Here's a mixed semi bezel for Mr Ma Re.

R-E-M3ST-TriYe-RndRnd.jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Mokume gane - always loved the look, but I think all those colors of gold might be a weeeee bit too much for demantoids
9.gif

But yes, photo makes it easier to visualize. Now just imagine the center stone to be semi bezeled from top and bottom and the shank to hold fully bezeled small stones next to the medium ones, and you'll get what I suggested a few posts ago. Could work.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2009 8:48:20 AM
Author: ma re
Mokume gane - always loved the look, but I think all those colors of gold might be a weeeee bit too much for demantoids
9.gif

But yes, photo makes it easier to visualize. Now just imagine the center stone to be semi bezeled from top and bottom and the shank to hold fully bezeled small stones next to the medium ones, and you''ll get what I suggested a few posts ago. Could work.
I need to see it visually, off to the net to trawl for pics.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
HERE''s how a round stone looks when semi bezeled from top and bottom in a ring - best I could find. But they''re often set in pendants that way. If someone could photoshop and "set it" in that mokume gane ring...

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Found a ring that is bypass looking with prongs, for a 1 stone setting but I think the idea could be adapted to 5 stones. So much better than my drawing skills. bypass prong ring

What is your finger size? Will they all fit in a 5 stone across setting?

I really like the mokume gane look too.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LG- I''m a bit out of the loop and must admit that I didn''t read all the posts
emembarrassed.gif
but just thought I share this picture with you found from uniquesettings don''t know if it helps any.

bypassgraduating0809.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
and other ideas of course add your LG touch though
1.gif

fivestone ideasgraduating0809.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo, I''m a big fan of mokume. You''d be surprised how subtle the patterns can be in person. My wedding band is mokume, but it is pretty subtle, to most people it just looks like a palladium band until they see it close up.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2009 5:07:15 PM
Author: litebrite
Found a ring that is bypass looking with prongs, for a 1 stone setting but I think the idea could be adapted to 5 stones. So much better than my drawing skills. bypass prong ring

What is your finger size? Will they all fit in a 5 stone across setting?

I really like the mokume gane look too.
LB my ring finger is a size 5, middle finger 5.45 to 6.

I love your bypass ring look but not sure how I can pull it off with my finger size.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Hi DT

Thanks for the ring photos!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2009 5:30:57 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Ooo, I'm a big fan of mokume. You'd be surprised how subtle the patterns can be in person. My wedding band is mokume, but it is pretty subtle, to most people it just looks like a palladium band until they see it close up.
MTG the mokume gane is very nice, but out of my budget, it's $4k for a 3 stone setting on Krikawa's website.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results