shape
carat
color
clarity

Grading Scales

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ronnie Frown

Rough_Rock
What if any is the difference between GIA & AGS grading scales? Is one more reliable or more universally accepted? And should I be looking at diamonds with a grading by one over the other? I''ve found a couple of loose diamonds that look good (but I have no idea as I''m real new at this) and they have different grading reports, some are GIA and others are AGS.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
GIA is probably the most widely recognized and respected. Most any jeweler and regular folks have heard of GIA. AGS is a very top quality, strict, consistent grading lab that is gaining ground, particularly when considering the best cut diamonds. GIA Ex/Ex and AGS Id/Id are comparable grades. You''ll do fine with a diamond that Certed by either lab.

For more information, highlight the Reviews link at the top of the page and click on Grading Survey. The various labs are compared in an article there.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results