shape
carat
color
clarity

Graco My Ride 65 - rear facing until 40 pounds!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Looks like a nice carseat! But, my son is almost 5 (in a month and a half) and he is 40 pounds....let''s just say, he wouldn''t have been a happy camper facing the rear all these years! It is cool it holds them up to 40 pounds though, but I would turn them around after a year to see what''s going on with them.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thats nice to know. I know quite a few mom''s who have a 6 month old who have already reached the 20 pound mark and are having issues with the rear facing car seat. In the state I live in the law is 1 year and 20 lbs, so they have to figure out a way to make it work. It would be interesting to know if it gives the baby some space.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Apparently height becomes an issue way before weight in most rear facing seats. We have the Britax Roundabout, which is good rear facing until 35 lbs (?) and 35 inches tall... but most kids reach the height restriction sooner than the weight restriction. I can't see on the information about the Graco what the height restriction is...

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2009 4:53:10 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Apparently height becomes an issue way before weight in most rear facing seats. We have the Britax Roundabout, which is good rear facing until 35 lbs (?) and 35 inches tall... but most kids reach the height restriction sooner than the weight restriction. I can''t see on the information about the Graco what the height restriction is...

So I am kind of a nerd and sometimes when I am at Target I walk though the baby aisle just to see what kind of products are out there so I don''t look like a complete idiot to parents since I don''t have my own kids. I found the car seat and it is quite large. It is nice that it goes all the way to 65 lbs, but it doesn''t look very portable and I know a lot of Mom''s transport their babies in the car seat (although I don''t plan on doing so whenever I have kids). It was also saying that the AAP stated that kids should be rear facing a long as possible. But in our practice, we just tell them the state law because rear facing is really harder to do as they get bigger.

I never knew about the height issue. I didn''t see anything about height when I looked at the label at Target, but I would have looked closer if I had knew that.

Dreamer, are you planning on getting multiple car sets as your baby grows or do you just have a convertible?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results