shape
carat
color
clarity

Got the ring - waiting to propose - what about insurance? Here is one solution.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
OK - we all know that rings should be insured but what to do when you have the ring but are going to keep it for a while before proposing (and yes - there are many reasons, ladies ... sorry)? One solution would be to get a separate insuranve just for the ring, which can run 1%-2% of the purchasing price/year. Can get pretty expensive. You could of course add it to a renter''s/home owner''s policy, assuming they will do it. Problem: how do you explain to your GF that you need more coverage or that the rates are going up? Too risky. Solution: Get a safety deposit box!! Only costs about $30/year (if you propose earlier you get some money back) and you get to scan your hand like in movies!! I did it and just scanning my hand and getting access to the vault with that was worth the $30. You get your box and go to a separate room where you can tend to your business (no cameras there - remember the Bourne Identity?) and say hello to the ring whenever you want. And you can keep additional documents there as well!! Perfect solution if you ask me.
Cheers!

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on the purchase Rob and I think a safety deposit box is a great idea.

Don''t worry I won''t give you a hard time for waiting to propose. I understand that all that planning takes time I just hope your dear SO doesn''t know you have it. If she''s in the know the wait could be quite torturous for her.

Since the is the "Proposal Ideas" forum what do you have planned?
31.gif

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
Kccutie - thanks for not giving me a hard time ... lol. Ah the proposal ... my initial idea was to propose in Paris (one of my very favorite cities) on the Ile de la cite. But things can change ... I could also imagine a backpacking trip, since we both are quite the outdoor enthousiasts. Not thinking about it really right now, since the proposal is not going to happen soon (just moved in together, no need to rush things).
36.gif

evolve

Rough_Rock
Great tip on the safe box. I currently have one, and might use the idea to save some money!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want one! A deposit box, not a ring. I keep telling DH that we should keep Very Important Items in one but mostly I just want to take my deposit box to my very own room and look through it.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''m a big fan of the safety deposit box. One thing to keep in mind, though: *do* insure the ring at some point before you, ah, pop the lid/question. Once in a while, we hear creative horror stories, like the one about the guy who got mugged during his proposal ... or the one who hadn''t sized the ring properly so that when his new fiancee moved her hand a bit too enthusiastically while looking at the ring it slipped right off her hand and between the boards of the pier that he''d proposed on ... or the one about (gods help us all), the guy who had the cute idea to tie them to a bunch of helium balloons. Better safe than sorry, right?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results