shape
carat
color
clarity

GOT the ONE carat diamond band...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Diamond Dana...I love it! besides the stones really are pretty...that is all you see.

Honey, have you considered resizing the ring? Do you have any wiggle room? I wonder if that would fix your focus issue.

DKS

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Both rings are the perfect size, tight enough that they don't spin, almost difficult to get over my knuckle when removing them. The diamonds are spectacular, so I was thinking maybe my local goldsmith who I've had create many pieces before, could reset the diamonds into a bezel type setting, or bar style? I am going to try to get some ideas, to show him, maybe make the ring more contoured to fit the e-ring, suggestions as to what styles with pics, are welcomed. Or..maybe he can use the diamonds to create a new setting for my diamond, then wear 2 narrow lplain gold bands on either side of the ring? Thanks

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I think that''s a wise idea Beau- you''ve already invested a lot of time, energy and money into this - I think looking at the option of ''working with it'' is a good one.

GL and let us know how it turns out.

34.gif

saltymuffin

Shiny_Rock
The rings look really nice together, but I do see your issue with it. Maybe just having a stone removed on each side would help, so that it is not so wide at the sides.

If you are going to have something made with the stones in that ring by a local jeweler, a simple seven stone might be your best bet. With a 7 stone, all of the stones should sit on top of your finger, rather than to the sides. Proportionally the size of those stones work really well with your ering. Then you can save the leftover stones for a future project - or use them as partial payment to the jewelwer!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I had great ideas, good intentions, but of course, my streak of bad luck continues. I went to see 3 jewelers in town, and apparently, NOBODY wants to create a different band, using these diamonds, even when I offer to pay double for labour, and buy more diamonds to make it a 3?4 eternity or full eternity. They say "the diamonds can''t be supplied by me"...Why the H@#* not? THEN..to top it off...these jewelers tell me my setting for my diamond is a bit thick/wide (being 4.25mm), and when I say "I KNOW...I would like to pick a different mount and have it reset"..again...they say, they won''t "touch my diamond", since I didn''t buy it from them. WHY NOT?? If I buy the mount from them, they reset the stone (it''s insured), are they not gaining my business? I just don''t get it. What''s a girl to do? I am at the point now, where I will beg anyone to give me some sort of great semi mount for my diamond that I can wear a plain gold band with, or give me a great diamond band that will work with my wide cathedral mount!! Anyone? PLEASE? There must be someone who could turn my beautiful, large diamond into a masterpiece? This si so discouraging...seriously! I think I will sell the band and the e-ring, and wear NO jewelry on my fingers at all...seems easier!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry you''re having so much trouble! I don''t see why they wouldn''t do a reset. Geez. I just took my ring into my jewellers and they reset it with no problems. They will make anything I want too. Sometimes resetting even smaller stones is expensive, because they have to unmount, then remount, so obviously that''s a lot of labour. But I know my jeweller would do it--I''d just have to pay the fees. If you have insurance on your diamond I really don''t understand why no one will touch it either. That''s so disappointing.
38.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
beau, you''re problems could all be solved if you''d just ship your stone to the US
2.gif

serously though, i''m so sorry the band didn''t work and you''re having such a hard time. Where did you buy your stone, can you not go back there and choose a different setting from them?

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I don''t understand it either..it''s a small city (poulation 155 000), and I bet only 100 women in this city have diamonds bigger than 1.5 carats! It''s seems there''s a bit of jealousy, even from the jewelers, "you didn''t buy the diamond from me, so I won''t set it". I even asked one owner today if I could get something custom made, she initially said yes, then when I showed her my diamond ring, and we talked, she said," I will only sell the mountings you see in the showcase, and even then, I am afraid to touch that diamond, and send it away to be set, but nothing custom, sorry!" HUH? Did I miss something? Not like I was asking for a elaborate setting, I pointed to one, that was obviously too delicate for my size stone, and had a .25 carat in it, and I said to her "something like that would be fine", it was a 3mm wide, cathedral style, with tiny diamonds up the shank. I just don''t get it...Again, a shame I have a gorgeous diamond that cannot be showed off as it should!

shminbabe

Shiny_Rock
i really think it looks great. i don''t get your problem with it? anyway, i like it a lot. both of them. together.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Beau~Instead of remounting your diamond [again], why not wear it as a stand alone ring on your left hand. Does the new ring fit on your right hand? Do you think this could work for you? Sending good diamond thoughts your way
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results