shape
carat
color
clarity

Got my First Look at an AGS0 Princess ........ WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock

I don’t normally post when I see a rock, but this was by far the best Princess cut diamond I have ever seen. I had the chance to look at it while I was at Martin Fuller’s office. It was one of Bill Scherlag’s stones cut by Paul Slegers. The stone was a 1.34 VS1 H AGS0 Princess.

It was mesmerizing. It had great contrast and a “depth” to it that I had not seen before. It was extremely lively and just danced in the light. I think even Martin said it was the best looking Princess he has come across.

Anyone that is looking for a Princess cut really needs to check these babies out. You won’t be disappointed. My only complaint was the spread. It was a hair under 6mm for a 1.34 carat stone. I guess we can’t have everything.

Great work Paul!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Okay my first thought:
Lucky

my second thought:
what were YOU doing at Fuller''s office?
31.gif
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d love to see one, they sound amazing. Yes what were you doing in his office???

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
do you have some pictures to show us noobie?
20.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
I sweep his floors and empty the garbage. In exchange, I get to look at the stones

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
LOL
9.gif

yeah right
36.gif

kbaker

Shiny_Rock
Tell me more...what were the specs on the stone...depth especially?

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey noobie,

I happened to meet Martin Fuller at the beginning of the year, when I visited Bill Scherlag. Both are very nice guys.

Date: 7/5/2005 3:19:39 PM
Author:noobie

My only complaint was the spread. It was a hair under 6mm for a 1.34 carat stone. I guess we can’t have everything.

I just quickly checked for a comparable weight of princesses in the Pricescope-database. This ''Crafted by Infinity'' is a 1.34 with a diameter of 5.96x 5.96.

I found a 1.32, 6.09 x 5.78
a 1.31, 6.13 x 5.99
a 1.34, 6.45 x 6.12
a 1.37, 6.11 x 5.84
a 1.29, 5.96 x 5.88

As you can see, 3 out of 5 with similar or smaller spread and 2 with slightly higher spread. Just another example how even a depth of 78.4% does not mean that the spread is smaller.

Anyway, thank you for the very kind words.

Live long,

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Paul,

Allow me to clarify my comment on spread. It was more in comparison to other shapes and for Princess stones in general. For example, the 1.19 carat Jubilee I (my wife more correctly) own spreads 6.4 mm.

That being said, the spread for these stones would in no way dissuade me from buying one. They are truly stunning stones. I would also expect that there would be little economical "penalty" to these. Jubilees or H&A cushions are about a 15% premium over H&A rounds and not having priced the AGS0 Princess, but based on your comments, I would expect them to be about the same or slightly less than rounds. So, one can really pick any shape and have it perform well for about the same cost.

It''s just really nice to not have to say "I really like a Princess, but they don''t perform as well as rounds or other squares" With these, you just pick the shape you like best!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2005 10:00:34 AM
Author: noobie
It''s just really nice to not have to say ''I really like a Princess, but they don''t perform as well as rounds or other squares'' With these, you just pick the shape you like best!
finally! that is what we princess fans wanted.....shape and performance
36.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2005 10:24:51 AM
Author: belle
finally! that is what we princess fans wanted.....shape and performance
36.gif
Now Belle... If one of us gents said the same thing we could be accused of being shallow.

2.gif

(Is this what Paul means when he talks about 'The Matter of Depth in a Princess?')

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results