shape
carat
color
clarity

Got it Narowed down to 2 possible ways-Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
NOTE: we take a walk on the beach EVERY SUNDAY unless it rains.

1. I am planning on BUILDING a HUGE and ELABORATE SAND CASTLE....

I will have a spot on the top of the castle to have the ring placed in.

I plan to either PAINT some SEASHELLS to say MARRY ME or something similiar if

anyone has any advice....

*I have a FRIEND that of course will stand watch over the SAND CASTLE and RING until

we get there....I am going to have him either take DIGITAL PICS or a VIDEO of us

approaching the SAND CASTLE.

2. I plan on having the RING placed inside of a FORTUNE COOKIE....2 of our friends are

opening a NEW RESTAURANT(similiar to Ruth CHris)...& I know I can have their pastry

chef help out.

EITHER of these sound better then the other? Is the Fortune Cookie ok if it rains out the SAND CASTLE???

Please help.
love.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
OK, sand, ring...wave, wash away, ring, gone. Not such a good scenario....

How about putting the BOX on top of the castle, perhaps if you put it there yourself as you turn her around (after seeing the castle) and show her the *insert sunset here* and you cup your hands over her eyes, she's all confused, and you turn her around GENTLY...and WHAM box on sandcastle! So it's like this little surprise from nowhere, versus walking up to it, seeing it and knowing it's a box...

You can have a friend incognito filming the beach, then he'll pan to you guys...

Qucik question with the cookie idea...do they actually BAKE the cookie inside? Do you want her ring baked? Or is it possible to put in the cookie "turn around" and have them cart over the ring box on a plate with champagne, flowers and such on the cart...?

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
I definitely like the sand castle idea better, esp. since you always go walking on the beach - this way even after the proposal when you go on your walks you can remember that moment. I agree with Nicrez that putting the ring on the sand castle after you get there might be a better idea. Perhaps pretending that you didn't build it and just stumbled across someone elses sand castle, then when she isn't looking place the ring on top in its own box. Perhaps in the spot where you are planning to put the box you can decorate it with shells or something else, so when you put the ring box there, there will be some little extra decoration. Hope this helps! Good luck!

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe the fortune cookie can say "Marry Me" and when she looks up she'll see you with the ring? Of course, you should ask the question yourself even after she reads the fortune.

The sand castle idea sounds great. I agree that you should place the box on the castle after you get there. Make sure not to get sand in the box. My ring came with a beautiful box and I treasure it.

Motoman

Rough_Rock
Man, I'll tell you I'm looking for ideas too, but I had to register to give you the most perfect way to propose, I had a friend do this, So you walk on the beach, perfect, get a bottle write and write a love letter, but make it generic, til the end... The idea being you walk along the beach and accidently happen upon this bottle that must have washed in from sea, or stuck in the sand, throw the castle idea out the will give her a sense of adventure, and pull on some strings of her heart, with a beautiful love letter stuck inside,(awe how romantic huh?) as she after she reads the letter then you'll know it's time to ask the question in person, and you my man will be a love hero... Of course you'll probably need someone to "babysit" the bottle and get the heck out of the way before you "just happen across it"
9.gif

BearMan

Shiny_Rock

----------------
On 3/2/2004 9:55:02 PM Motoman wrote:

Man, I'll tell you I'm looking for ideas too, but I had to register to give you the most perfect way to propose, I had a friend do this, So you walk on the beach, perfect, get a bottle write and write a love letter, but make it generic, til the end... The idea being you walk along the beach and accidently happen upon this bottle that must have washed in from sea, or stuck in the sand, throw the castle idea out the will give her a sense of adventure, and pull on some strings of her heart, with a beautiful love letter stuck inside,(awe how romantic huh?) as she after she reads the letter then you'll know it's time to ask the question in person, and you my man will be a love hero... Of course you'll probably need someone to 'babysit' the bottle and get the heck out of the way before you 'just happen across it'
9.gif

----------------

THANKS I LOVE THIS IDEA!!!!! HOPE IT DOESNT RAIN!!

I plan on 4/4/04 @ 4:04 to pop the question!!! gonna need good timing to find the bottle and have her open it and read the letter(gonna get a cork for the bottle and a friend will babysit it of course)

Still trying to figure out exactly HOW and WHAT to write

here are a couple of Ideas:

From the Sun to the Moon and the Sand to the Stars

Like the sparklesof the stars on a clear summers night...

Its you that I will love for the rest of my life

Will you marry me

A sun rises so bright and beatufully

then sets so soothingly

The Stars sparkles are ever beautiful

but noting can compare to my love for you

The sun will rise for all eternity

and end its days always setting in the west

the stars will forever be wished upon

My love for you grows every second of every minute

of every hour of every day.

Its you that I want to be my Forever.

I would be honored to be your Forever too

Will you marry me

OK 1 or 2 or keep working.,.....any ideas????

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
They are BOTH beautiful, but question is, can you recite the long one OK? I mean by heart, without getting nervous, without laughing or crying...I say short and sweet if that's the case. If you can go for the long one, it shows how much effort you took to write it and memorize it, so I would be impressed by #2...

but in all honesty, I am not a gall who falls for that poem mush. I love them, but a proposal should be from the heart, and in my book the best proposal would be something like,

"I can't guarantee you that you'll never cry again. I can't promise you'll never be mad, but I CAN guarantee you that I will do anything in my power to make sure that your life is filled with many more happy moments than sad ones. I promise to try my best to always love, honor and respect you until my dying day, and I promise to marry you, if you promise to say yes."

BearMan

Shiny_Rock

----------------
On 3/11/2004 11:23:35 AM Nicrez wrote:

They are BOTH beautiful, but question is, can you recite the long one OK? I mean by heart, without getting nervous, without laughing or crying...I say short and sweet if that's the case. If you can go for the long one, it shows how much effort you took to write it and memorize it, so I would be impressed by #2...

but in all honesty, I am not a gall who falls for that poem mush. I love them, but a proposal should be from the heart, and in my book the best proposal would be something like,

'I can't guarantee you that you'll never cry again. I can't promise you'll never be mad, but I CAN guarantee you that I will do anything in my power to make sure that your life is filled with many more happy moments than sad ones. I promise to try my best to always love, honor and respect you until my dying day, and I promise to marry you, if you promise to say yes.'

----------------

What you wrote is BEAUTIFUL!!

What i think you missed is that the NOTE WILL BE INSIDE A BOTTLE ON THE BEACH(we walk on the beach every sunday).....we will stumble upon the bottle(will have a friend staking the bottle out from a distance to make sure it is ok) of course we will be curious to open it and read the note inside just as she is finishing reading it i will be on ONE KNEE "I will Love Honor and Respect you for all eternity , Will You Marry Me!

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 3/11/2004 11:02:31 AM BearMan wrote:

I plan on 4/4/04 @ 4:04 to pop the question

----------------[/quote]

He he he, we think a lot alike. My husband and I were married on 3/3/03 at 3:30.
3.gif

Kat

Rough_Rock
I would go with the longer one, it's just so beautiful (though they are both lovely). Also, it will take up her attention more so you will have more time to go down on one knee and produce the ring. I know if this was me I'd have scanned through the first poem in a couple of seconds -- though I'd have to re-read it just to believe my eyes.

But that's just an opinion and you should trust your instinct as to which she'll prefer.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Kat that the second one is better. today is a bad day for me, I can't read. Sorry...
sad.gif

I think the second is meatier, and she will wonder...Maybe if you can have her read it out loud...and if you can memorize the last few lines and as you recite them with her (she's all confused) you slowly get down on one knee...the longer poem gives you more time and suspense, so I like that one best.
appl.gif

Either way you are a true romantic my friend...very sweet!!!

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Damn Nicrez... I might try and crib from that terrific proposal!
1.gif

honeynut

Shiny_Rock
what is cool about your idea, is that you can 'kneel down' to get the bottle for her, and wait there while she reads

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results