shape
carat
color
clarity

gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a store close by that sells lots of vintage items and consigned jewelry. They have really pretty stuff. I got an email from them this morning (I''m on their mailing list) and saw this beauty. I thought everyone here would appreciate it! Here are the specs:

Beautiful 1.30ct Stepped Emerald cut diamond

VS 1 clarity H color

+/-.50 side diamonds all set in platinum

Our price: $8000

jventure.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
By the way, no, I am not buying this, although it sure would be nice to be able to!
emteeth.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
*drool*

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I want I want I want I want!
30.gif

I''ve only seen one other emerald cut that sings to me like that one does. I looooooooooooove it!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Its sooooo pretty!!!! I love it
30.gif
30.gif
!!!!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wish I had a spare $8k sitting around...

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it''s a beauty
30.gif
. Are there more pics on the store''s website? Can you post a link?

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t typically go for EC stones, but this one is unbelievable! And the price sure sounds reasonable (although I know nothing about ECs). Anyway, here is the store''s web site: http://www.jointventurejewelry.com/

They are next door to my gym and I know the owners pretty well. Very nice people. They made my sapphire RHR for me (recycle project and they found a new mounting for me).

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring -I have been to that store often and really like it! How do you think their prices are, in general? I looked at some neat stackables there and thought it was pretty reasonable.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, that''s superb! I wish I had seen that setting before I picked the one I did for my Royal Asscher.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gail--how cool that you''ve been there! Tell me again where you live? We must be close! I think their prices are pretty good. The only thing I''ve ever bought there is my RHR that they re-made for me. They consigned some diamonds for me once (they took them out of a ring and made them into earrings). I''ve always thought they were very fair. I even get a 10% discount there since I work right across the street from them (at a private computer software company).

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Katie,
well, I have avoided saying what part of the Triangle I live in just b/c of privacy/security, but that is very cool! Maybe we will cross paths sometime since we go to the same jewelry stores :)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yummy, they have some gorgeous rings on their site!!! Thanks for linking it to us!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gotcha gail--totally understand!

Glad everyone enjoyed oohing and ahhhing over this ring like I did!

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t really tell from the pic that''s posted, but what are the side diamonds (ie what shapes?). It''s sooo pretty!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was trying to figure that out myself. I can''t tell what shape the sides are!

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
lmao...Maybe kites? But I can''t tell if they come to a point under the centre stone or are rounded off (like a fan shape??). I was hoping you had seen it in person...Oh well, I can''t afford it anyways!
39.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now I''m thinking maybe they''re trillions? I could easily go look at it in person but I''d want it too badly...
face2.gif

Seriously, if anyone is interested, I can call Donna (the owner) and ask her for you!

floridagirl

Rough_Rock
This is a beautiful ring! Maybe I''m crazy, but it looks to me like 2 marquise on either side of the emerald cut, with trillions set next to the marquise. This would explain all of the prongs. It''s gorgeous!

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
I love that ring. Joint Ventures has some beautiful rings. Here''s one of my favs from their website.

Joint Venture Favorite1.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness! I think I need to take a little trip over there! They have gorgeous rings with old stones!

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2007 9:33:29 AM
Author: floridagirl
This is a beautiful ring! Maybe I'm crazy, but it looks to me like 2 marquise on either side of the emerald cut, with trillions set next to the marquise. This would explain all of the prongs. It's gorgeous!
Yes, maybe it's trillions and then marquise!? I didn't notice all the prongs...Gosh I love side stones! I'm thinking of doing something like this (attached photoshop image) once my BF decides to start the ring hunt...which won't be for a while
7.gif
It has a cushion brilliant (4 pav), half moons (brilliant cut), and tapered bullets (step cut). I love the look of the side stones tapering from the centre stone, like the above emerald cut ring.

THE ONE RING.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/9/2007 10:52:11 AM
Author: blingergrrrl

Date: 8/9/2007 9:33:29 AM
Author: floridagirl
This is a beautiful ring! Maybe I''m crazy, but it looks to me like 2 marquise on either side of the emerald cut, with trillions set next to the marquise. This would explain all of the prongs. It''s gorgeous!
Yes, maybe it''s trillions and then marquise!? I didn''t notice all the prongs...Gosh I love side stones! I''m thinking of doing something like this (attached photoshop image) once my BF decides to start the ring hunt...which won''t be for a while
7.gif
It has a cushion brilliant (4 pav), half moons (brilliant cut), and tapered bullets (step cut). I love the look of the side stones tapering from the centre stone, like the above emerald cut ring.

<inspired by Leon Mege, Rascal49, Surfgirl, and many cushion owners rings!>
WOW that store looks very nice. I''d hate
2.gif
to have to pass by it every day!

BG -- I just LOVE your idea. The stones in that phot are all set just perfectly to compliment the center stone!!!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oshinbreeze, I love that one too! They''ve had it a while I think. Yeah, me going in there is like a kid in a (very expensive) candy shop...
emsmilep.gif

And they have TONS more than they put on their web site.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the ring, so I asked for couple of pictures from the side
1.gif

100-00138 setting view.JPG

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another

100-00138 side view 2.JPG

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby monster--love that ring so much! How cool--did you call/email them and just ask for more photos? So we finally know what kind of stones those are on the sides. It is soooooooooooooooooo gorgeous.

So are you gonna buy it????? If so, would you like me to go pick it up and wear it for a few days to test it out for you?
emteeth.gif

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL. You want to test drive it for me?
2.gif

It''s a gorgeous ring and I loved the view from the top but after seeing the side pics I decided it''s not for me. The setting is too high for my taste. I''m sure it''ll find a good home.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results