shape
carat
color
clarity

Goodoldgold??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I am trying to decide where I want to do business. My plan is to purchase a small diamond (approx. .50ct) to start and upgrade until I get my "dream diamond." I am leaning towards GOG because I like their selection of "different" cuts. What I will probably do is purchase RB''s as they are the easiest to buy online until I am ready to travel to look at fancy shapes in person. It looks like GOG''s rounds are H&A''s only? That is fine, but do they have other stones that aren''t listed on their site? It seems like most of their stones are very high color and clarity grades...I don''t need a VVS or even VS...I would like an eyeclean SI1 and G-H in color, but I don''t see much that falls in that category.

Also, it seems like the majority of their stones do not have prices, where many other sites list prices for all their diamonds...why is that? Where are they located...Massapeuqa or something? Is that on Long Island, NY? I wish I lived close to them, but hubby is glad that we don''t!
20.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Long Island, NY .. yes
The instock h&a''s as far as I know have prices listed some of the other shapes dont because the cutters wont let him list it.

He can get in pretty much anything you want.
He is a good guy to work with.

SLH

Shiny_Rock
orbaya,

Goodoldgold also has a trade in policy. This is very important since you have intentions of upgrading throughout the years. If you do not go with Jonathan, make sure the company you select offers a full trade in policy.

Best of luck to you.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
sooooooooooooo--whats your dream diamond? i am such a gem nut i love to ask people

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2004 12:31:42 AM
Author: SLH
orbaya,

Goodoldgold also has a trade in policy. This is very important since you have intentions of upgrading throughout the years. If you do not go with Jonathan, make sure the company you select offers a full trade in policy.

Best of luck to you.
Yes, thanks for the input. After looking at many different PS vendors, I have it narrowed down to 2...having a 100% trade in policy was high on my list. GOG is the frontrunner right now, but for me it''s a big decision because 1. it''s something I''ve wanted to do for so long, and 2. once i choose a vendor, there''s no going back lol...I''m in it for the long haul!
9.gif

Whoever I work with better be ready to do some upgrading! I really want my dream diamond now, and as much as I love diamonds, I refuse to put myself in serious debt over it. I do need to be good and show SOME restraint!
12.gif

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2004 12:42
6.gif
3 AM
Author: windowshopper
sooooooooooooo--whats your dream diamond? i am such a gem nut i love to ask people

I don''t know. LOL!

Really though, I want something more than 1.5ct but no more than 2ct. (I have 1ct now). I''m going to start with a RB as those seem to be the easiest to purchase online. I do know I want a fancy square...radiant, cushion, jubilee, etc. I know it''s vague but as I get ready to do that final upgrade, I''ll drag hubby''s butt down to NY to pick out that final sparklie. I have a Leon Mege setting all picked out. I want to post it, but I have no idea how to do that? Help? I tried once and only got a red "x." So here it is: Leon Mege.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
so you have a 1ct you want to trade now? please explain i am confused

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, sorry I didn''t explain clearly! I currently have a 1ct which is my original ering. I''m keeping that...I don''t want to part with it. So, I have to start from scratch and work my way up. My diamond is nice, but was purchased over 6 years ago without all the "PS Knowledge." So I am arming myself now lol! I want a larger diamond that is a fancy square...NOT princess though, and sparkles like there''s no tomorrow!
30.gif
30.gif
The max size I want is 2cts...I think that may even be on the big side for me. But I need at least 1.5cts.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
okay -so a square emerald/asscher or more like a regent (square yet brilliant faceting)?

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Definately brilliant faceting!! I''m not a big fan of "steps." I love crazy sparkles!

I do not like Princess cuts at ALL either. A lot of people like them but they just aren''t my cup of tea.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
i dont know why but princess cuts seem..........cheap looking? i adore the regent

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2004 1:31:23 AM
Author: windowshopper
i dont know why but princess cuts seem..........cheap looking? i adore the regent

Yeah I don''t know what it is with princess cuts...I can''t put my finger on it. I don''t like marquise either. Maybe it''s that I prefer "softer" shapes, and not the sharp angles of princess, marquise....but I don''t like the faceting in either.

I''ve never seen a regent up close but they certainly look like they''d be right up my alley! No one around here carries good fancy cuts, but there is one place that sells the original radiant that i may go look at. Just to see a good one up close. All the others have been crappy.

No stores here know anything about cut...they sell on color and clarity and size. They don''t know what a Sarin report is, or idealscope or anything.

Hubby has NO idea what he''s getting himself into! Wait until I tell him we need to take a trip to NY. He will love that. Not.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
you know the more you look at and really scrutinize --the more you learn. i know that looking everywhere...seriously...harry winston, tiffany etc really helped me

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
do you live near nyc? i can recommend --very highly--two non pricescope vendors you can visit. they have loads of stones. not necessarily to buy but to "look"

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never been in Harry Winston but have seen some of his stuff....gorgeous! I peeked in the one in Beverly Hills but didn''t go in because I didn''t know if it was a place by appointment only. I didn''t want to walk in and get kicked out lol! So I just drooled all over Rodeo Drive! The closest store is NYC. I''ve been in several Tiffany stores and don''t like it there. Yes, they have some beautiful jewelry that is fun to look at, but I would never buy anything but silver there, even if money was no object. There is just something about Tiffany that I don''t like.

I live in cold, snowy Maine so I''m a few hours from Boston, and about 6 hours from NYC. That''s why I will only be buying RB''s unseen, but not my final fancy cut diamond.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
i just moved from that area ...........boston area really has nothing comparable to NYC

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Regents ROCK...worth a trip to LI and GOG to see the different fancy squares...I am sure they can get you what you want...

Best of luck in your search

sdm

Rough_Rock
A few months ago I bought diamond earrings from GOG. They were .68 cttw, G, SI1 and eye clean. I am very happy with the diamonds and the service I received. Good luck in your search.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
A Jubilee may be what you are looking for. GOG seems to specialize in them. I've never seen one but people on Pricescope seem to love them. They are supposed to have a lot of sparkle similar to a round.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results