shape
carat
color
clarity

Good tips on taking photos (of people, not rings)?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
So, I just got an email from my alumni association, apparently they want to interview me for an article they are writing, and they have asked me to send in a photo.

Of course I look through all my photos to find one where I look good/ would be appropriate for this...NOTHING! The only really good one was taken when I was in college...3 years ago.

I guess I''ll have to ask my BF to help me take some pictures this weekend. I am thinking outdoors will be better(with natural light?) Any other tips (time of day? wear more makeup?)

I should add that we don''t have a pro camera, just a regular digital (but a good one, got it just a few months ago)

Thanks in advance!

RZ

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Camera high, indirect sun during the early afternoon, take LOTS of shots.

Evaluate for the best one when all are uploaded to your computer. Oh, and if memory serves as to where you live (You are the woman who saw Beckham in Century City, right?), take a quick second batch at dusk to catch the flattering reddish light caused by the particulate matter in the air from the Vaca fire.

Good luck!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
whats your skin tone?
(yes it makes a huge difference what type of light is most flattering)

chiefneil

Shiny_Rock
Generally when the sun is high you want what''s called "open shade". That''s pretty much what it sounds like - an open area with shade, so you have light shade rather than heavy shade. Sunset will generally give you the best light. At sunset you can get away with being in direct sun, but standing at an angle to the light is best so that you''re not squinting. The photographer should have the sun at his back so that you''re not backlit. Use a wide aperture if your camera supports aperture priority so the background is blurred. Also a telephoto lens is better than wide-angle.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Yes..I am in LA.

My skin tone is...pale! Especially by LA standards. To give you an idea, the foundation color I use is called "nude ivory" and I have pink undertones.

I''m of swedish descent, blue eyes and naturally blonde hair.

I don''t think my camera has any of those controls =( It is a sony DSC something or other...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2007 1:01:01 PM
Author: rockzilla
Yes..I am in LA.

My skin tone is...pale! Especially by LA standards. To give you an idea, the foundation color I use is called 'nude ivory' and I have pink undertones.

I'm of swedish descent, blue eyes and naturally blonde hair.

I don't think my camera has any of those controls =( It is a sony DSC something or other...
sunrise or sunset, photographers back too the sun.
If you want too look fuller have him use wide angle and get close (6 feet) if you want too look thinner have him stand back 15-20 feet and zoom in(depends on camera and how much zoom it has). Either way stand 15 feet in front of a pine tree for a nice background.
tree|----15 feet----|you|--(6 or 15 feet)--|photog|------------------------------------ sun
Start shooting 30 min before sunset.
Then once you have the shot you want for that, have the photog at an angle so it shows as much as your face as possible while your looking at the sunset while getting the setting sun in the shot.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results