shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Princess Cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
With a light performance of 1 this is a brilliant stone that is only a little short of the top grade for performance grade of 0 so it should be a very nice looking diamond. It is also with some minor proportion faults which brings the total cut e down to an AGS 2 for cutting. Please understand that while short of the coveted AGS 0 grade this diamond should still have a great deal of sparkle and be a very nice looking diamond.

Wink

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I wonder how they are priced.

I tried to find them myself on BlueNile, but I could not.

Personally, I have a problem with the high crown angle on both. I wonder how that looks on an idealscope.

Live long,

researcher

Ideal_Rock
The first one has a CRAZY high crown, and I can''t read the numbers on the second stone. But, I would listen to Paul as he cuts AGS-0 princesses.

On a random note, I love how BN uses the SAME EXACT diamond images for the stones--too funny. I mean, when has a low 70%ish table ever looked so big?

Princess_Madness

Rough_Rock
The first one is around $1400, the second around $1500. How does AGS determine their cut grade? How do they get their light performance. The second stone scored very high in those areas. If I bought the stone, where could I send it to get an idealscope and independant appraisel within the 30 day evaluation period that BN offers?

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Honestly, I am truly disturbed by these two stones.

It is not that the two pics attached to the grading reports are identical, and probably match to neither stone. It is other stuff, that does not fit.

The reason, why I asked for the price, is because I could not find these stones myself on the BN-site. After you mentioned the price, I went searching again, because the pricing is not logical.

To start, this pricing to the consumer is lower than our cost in cutting such stones. True, there is probably a slight difference in weight retention and optical symmetry between these and our stones, but still, that should not cause such pricing difference.

It is even more disturbing that these stones are priced about 20% cheaper than the GIA-VG-examples from BN, which you posted in another earlier thread. How can the same seller price a certified AGS-1 lower than a stone that is probably AGS-4 or lower?

Therefore, the prices mentioned on these two stones from BN are not logical, and probably the result of a mistake, either from BN or from its supplier.

Or maybe something else is wrong. The idealscope might show this.

Live long,

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Paul,

I get them both. The second one seems to be in the data that they've uploaded to PS but not to their own search engine. curious indeed.

http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?pid=LD00488537

http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?pid=LD00400202

Perhaps it has something to do with the way the pages propagate to Europe? I've got friends overseas who have reported that this can be a problem but I know very little about how it works in Belgium.

These both look like pretty promising stones. My guess is that they won’t last long for the reasons that you've outlined.

Princess_Madness, if you decide to buy one, let us know if you actually get it.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Funny to see that one of the diamonds only has a "good" cut following BN...

Princess_Madness

Rough_Rock
I appreciate all the comments. Hopefully I''ll maker a decision in the next 3 days or so. I''m looking at a diamond from Whiteflash as well. I''m waiting to see the AGS and idealscope image on that one. How risky is it to get one of the BN diamonds without seeing an idealscope image. If it''s and AGS 1 I figure it''s going to be pretty and brilliant.

Thanks again

Princess_Madness

Rough_Rock
Well, I ended up ordering this one. It''s an AGS 1. Hopefully there isn''t any hidden flaw or anything that I''m not seeing. I should have it by next Monday which will give me a chance to get it appraised by an independant jeweler. Hopefully I can get an ideal scope of it as well. I''ll let you all know how it turns out. Thanks for all you help.

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/5/2006 12:55:23 AM
Author: Princess_Madness
Well, I ended up ordering this one. It''s an AGS 1. Hopefully there isn''t any hidden flaw or anything that I''m not seeing. I should have it by next Monday which will give me a chance to get it appraised by an independant jeweler. Hopefully I can get an ideal scope of it as well. I''ll let you all know how it turns out. Thanks for all you help.

It looks good. I personally wouldn''t spend that extra money on the VVS2, but that''s just me.

Let us know how it is.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny stuff! The flaw must be with the old rule-of-thumb ''cut grading'' used by the database interface at Blue Nile - these guys must have fallen between the lines so to speak. Good for you!
31.gif

Princess_Madness

Rough_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results