shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

durin

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am thinking about purchasing a diamond for an engagement ring and was wondering if anyone could offer any opinions on the price / quality of this diamond:

Price: $3792

Shape: Round
Weight: 0.91 Carat
Cut Grade: Ideal
Color Grade: G
Clarity Grade: VS2

Laboratory: GIA
Certificate No: 14605415
Measurements: 6.22-6.18x3.87mm
Depth: 62.4%
Table: 56%
Girdle: Medium
Culet: NONE
Polish: EXCELLENT
Symmetry: : VERY GOOD
Fluorescence: NONE

I greatly appreciate any advice anyone may have.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to Pricescope!

Although the price is good -- there''s only 2 or so options less expensive among dozens available of similar known qualities that are less expensive -- as you could see yourself using the "Pricescope your diamond" feature above (with several vendors offering what is in effect the same "virtual" diamond), that fourth "c" of cut remains unknown until you have more info, with data like measurements for crown & pavilion angles not routinely available on GIA certs (until 1/06, when that will become standard).

Review the tutorial (above under Knowledge) for more background; you did also ask about the quality, and there are options available for getting more info about that, either with your dealer''s cooperation, or with other dealers who are able to supply that info more readily.

BTW, the diamond I bought my wife bore these same features, and so I''m a fan of them.

Best wishes shopping,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results